fourteen

Fucked up.

I'm fucked up.

Lisa repeated those words again and again in her head, her vision spinning.

If there's something she's learned from Niki, it was that Mr. Destiny is playing-not with them meeting up, but with her seeing what she loathes seeing every damn time.

These past few days she's been seeing that fucking Jaebeom in every corner of uni, hanging out with Jennie.

She quickly closed her locker, desperately gasping for air as the scene earlier made her chest tighten.

It was when she saw them, only the two of them this time, being intimately close while Jaebeom was busy whispering to Jennie, her Jennie. And her Jennie smiles every time.

She moved on already, Lisa. That is why she no longer pursues you. You should be happy she's no longer hurting because of you, she thought as her mind vividly recalled every touch, laughter and smiles the two shared, Jaebeom and Jennie.

She tried very hard not to ask Jisoo about it. Somehow scared to confirm that Jennie really likes Jaebeom, and a part of her is scared of how she might just beg Jennie to take her back, especially if ever Jisoo tells her that Jennie still hasn't moved on.

"Fuck," Lisa whispers, softly banging her head on her locker.

That night she decided to go out for a drink all by herself, because if she stayed in her home for another second, she might just go crazy. That's loneliness for Lalisa Manoban.

"Heart problem?" a bartender, probably in his 30s asks her with a sympathetic smile while handing her whisky, which Lisa tasted first before answering with a shrug.

She relaxed a little, feeling that burn in her chest as she tried to get rid of thoughts that reminded her of Jennie.

The loud music is certainly what she needed. She's learned to hate the silence that she used to love sharing with Jennie before.

So many things have changed now.

"You know, for years I've been serving these drinks but none of it actually solved problems. They just make you forget for a while," the bartender says again after serving another customer's order.

"I just want to forget her for a while," Lisa blurted, putting down her empty glass on the counter a little too hard.

The bartender poured her another drink, not even reacting by how the pronoun she was used by the brokenhearted blonde.

Losing count of how many glasses she's emptied already, Lisa laughed at how funny it all felt.

Then she realized, it was someone's breath tickling her neck. She looked on her side as she realized that some girl who sat beside her is whispering something.

"Hey gorgeous, why are you alone?" the lady in a provocative red dress asks her in a whisper.

Lisa almost laughed. This woman right here is obviously hitting on her, teasing her. It's not that Lisa don't find her hot, because she actually is hot-just that, she's not Jennie.

"Because I want to be alone, do you mind?" Lisa rudely turns away from the woman, asking the bartender for another glass.

"Asshole," Lisa heard the woman say, but she just ignored it.

She laughed loudly when she realized that after a while, the woman was still beside her while flirting with the man on the other side.

"It's so easy for people to flirt with everyone!" she says with a raspy voice, her arms resting in the counter heavily as she brought the glass of whisky to her lips.