seven

Maple woke up the next day because of her alarm

Maple woke up the next day because of her alarm. Eddie was sprawled out on her chest. She was glad she wasn't on her period or else her breasts would have hurt.

Eddie groaned as she slid out under him to turn off her alarm. She grabbed her uniform and headed to the bathroom to do her morning routine.

When she exited the bathroom, Eddie was awake, yawning in her bedroom.

"I'm heading to work, so if you're going to stay here, don't burn the place down. If you're leaving, don't forget to lock up."

Eddie nodded. "We'll drop you off."

"You sure?"

He nodded. "Yeah, I can get some coffee on the way back too. Then, I'll probably head to that clinic and see if I can find any shady business."

She nodded. "Sounds good. Come on, lover boy."

He sighed as she grabbed his hand to pull him up. He offered to drop her off, but he wished she would give him an extra hour for resting.

"Don't sigh at me. You offered. You can always take it back."

"Nah, it's fine. It's refreshing to be around you. Most of the time, V hogs you to himself, which I don't find to be fair," muttered Eddie.

"Are you jealous?" she teased.

"Yeah, I kinda am," he replied.

His answer definitely shocked Maple. She didn't think Eddie liked her in a romantic way. She thought he was only around because Venom liked her pastries.

"Really?" she questioned.

"Yeah, why don't we go out tonight? Or I could cook you dinner since you've been doing the same."

She smiled. "I'd like that, Eddie."

He smiled bashfully. "Honestly, I didn't think I'd get this far."

"Why not? You're a catch. Plus, you're the host of my favorite parasite."

Venom's head morphed onto Eddie's shoulder. "PARASITE?"

She loved calling him parasite just for the kicks of it. Venom would never hurt her, and she thought it was funny how offended he got when Eddie or her called him a parasite.

Maple giggled, turning around to leave for work, when a tendril wrapped around her waist, pressing her back against Eddie's chest.

"You know it never goes well when you call him that," advised Eddie with a playful grin on his face.

"It's funny," she retorted. "Now, V, I have to go to work. If you don't let me go, no brownies for you tonight."

Venom softly growled. "Apologize."

She rolled her eyes and scratched the top of his head with a finger. "I'm sorry you're a parasite."