Chapter 33

Her screams echoed in the room like a thousand knives all pummeling into my chest. I could hear the fear and panic in her so vividly that I could feel it myself. But I could do nothing, barely able to move, just a pathetic fixture on the wall that remained silent, straining not to show the fury building inside me. What must have been going through her mind, knowing I was right here and unable to stop this.

I wanted to kill them for laying a hand on her. I wanted to do unspeakable things for the anguish I heard in her voice. I needed to save her.

Every word was running through my mind. He had experimented on her and he intended to manipulate her further. Smoldering wrath was building inside of me.

The sound of the door reverting back to steel sounded and I opened my eyes to the empty space. The lights were starting to flicker and I knew my strength was returning as my rage was taking over.

This wasn't like me. Emotions never flooded my abilities like this, I never used to lose control. But the thought of what they might do to her, it shook me to my core with vengeance.

I struggled against my confines, frantic to pull the cuffs apart and cursing myself for being foolish enough to fall into this trap.

"Neron," I grunted. He hadn't stirred yet, nor had Trish and we lacked time.

With all my strength, I pulled the cuffs apart, focusing every part of my abilities into dismantling the device. The spark of electricity ran down my arms, but it was nothing compared to its usual strength. That neutralizer had been potent, still muting my strength.

The device began to crackle and though I felt my strength wavering I pushed it even harder until finally the energy field diminished and I was able to pull my hands apart.

It felt like the force of gravity had been intensified by a thousand with the effort it took for just simple movements. My hand clasped Neron's shoulder and shook him weakly.

"Wake up," I demanded.

His eyes crept open slowly and questioningly.

"Wh-what's going on?" He questioned, trying to pull his hands free.

"They've been pumping a neutralizer into us. Aeris disabled the devices but they dragged her off. We need to get her."

The confusion in his eyes was replaced with fear as he began to struggle against his confines.

"Trish, wake up!" He urged desperately.  "They took her!"

"What?" She moaned, tearing herself back into consciousness. "Where?"

"The lab," I answered bluntly, grasping Neron's cuffs to assist in his escape.

"What?" Trish gasped fearfully, knowing all too well what was going to happen to Aeris.

Once free, Neron released Trish form her confines and they both looked to me.

"How do we get out of here?" Trish asked.

Footsteps approached outside where the door would appear and I smirked.

"I got a feeling we are about to find out," I answered and they both grinned.  "Pretend you're still passed out," I ordered.

We returned to our neutralized positions and two sets of footsteps entered the room.

"These are the ones," Jedric asserted.  "The Torians get tossed on the hover cart to go to the isolation cells, but Raeland wants me to take Being 23 to one of the labs.  He said he's got big plans for her."

"He should just kill them all," the other being spat.  "A disgusting Ceres hybrid and two pieces of GIU trash, who needs 'em" he continued, reaching down to grab my arm.