⊳⊳12⊲⊲

❝Blah!
I was born in a messed up century
My favorite flavored sweets are raspberry amphetamines
I bought a car, Beretta age sixteen
I brush my teeth with bleach
'Cause I ain't got time for cavities.❞
—Yungblud "Parents"

⊳⊳|⊲⊲

Roxanne stood in-front of the floor length mirror, holding the black dress that Rebekah had brought up to her torso. The female Mikaelson was perched on her bed in a gorgeous green dress that accentuated her curves and brought out the green in her eyes. 

"I thought it suited you." 

"You thought right," Roxanne replied with a smile, slipping out of her pajamas. She put on a strapless bra and black, lace underwear, glancing at her friend. "Admiring the view?" 

Rebekah chuckled and rolled her eyes, looking Roxanne up and down. "I prefer brunettes." 

The blonde grinned cheekily and pulled the dress on. It was strapless, with a black, corset top that hugged her torso tightly. A plunging v-line stopped just below her breasts. "There's sticky stuff on the inside, to keep it up," Rebekah spoke. Roxanne had already noted that. 

The black fabric flowed out at her waist, black tulle and silk that swished around her hips and flowed freely. The ends of the dress swept over and touched the floor. 

She had already done her makeup with a smoky eye and scarlet red lipstick. Her hair was curled and pinned over one shoulder and Rebekah had bought her black heels. 

"You look gorgeous. My brothers are going to just eat you up." Rebekah smiled, standing and examining the girl for any imperfections. There were none. "Especially Niklaus."

"Hold your tongue, Mikaelson," Roxanne replied, but a smile played on her lips. "Please tell me that there is at least food?"

⊳⊳|⊲⊲

Klaus was watching warily as Damon and Stefan Salvatore walked in on the arms of Elena. She was wearing a green ball gown and looked as boring as usual. It was the Salvatores he was more concerned with. They were known for causing trouble. 

He was standing next to the open bar, casually greeting people as they entered but not very interested in all the chatter. This was for Roxanne, who had kept him up most of the night before. His eyes swept over the crowd a few times, keeping mental notes on all the guests and who might cause trouble. But, his mind also wandered, back to the night before. 

They had slept in that glen and returned the horse the next morning, much to the dismay of the owners. He recalled Roxanne's sheepish smile as the driver of the carriage gave her a stern talking-to. She had apologized with batted eyelashes and an innocent, yet dumb blonde sort of look. Her manipulation tactics to get what she wanted were admirable. 

Klaus sipped his bourbon, searching the room for his family. Kol was flirting with a pretty redhead in the corner, a charming grin present on his face. Elijah was talking to a group of people, but his eyes quickly looked up to the stairs. 

The room went silent and Klaus followed the gazes. 

Rebekah stood on the stairs, her olive green dress swishing around her feet. "Welcome, everyone, to our home. Technically, this gala, is for charity. But, it is actually to welcome our dear friend to Mystic Falls. Roxanne St. Claire." 

Rebekah descended the stairs and looked at Elijah, who approached and stood at the foot of the stairs. Klaus felt a jealous pit grow in his stomach at the sight. His brother was the girl's date for the night, it seemed.