The Headmistress

On my second day I was sent to the Headmistress's Office for fighting. Yeah right! I didn't fight! I can have that kind of reputation with the girls but certaintly not teachers. I knocked on the door.

"Come in!", said a sweet voice. I opened the door and went in.

" Ooh... Who do we have here? Miss Bella? Do you seek advice or wisdom?"

"I seek neither this time, I was sent here for 'fighting'. That is what Miss Rules says. What happened was that Ellie Glue slapped me for answering correctly. Although being here such a short period of time, I already know Miss Rules is a divorced mother of Ellie. This behaviour of both Ellie and Miss Rules was unfair!".

"Thank you, Blanche. They will be punished. But oh you do have a way with words, so charmful, may you please carry on your wonderful speech?"

"I class Miss Rules' behaviour as favouritism and Ellie's as violence which are both unacceptable as you can clearly see. Most of the other girls' behaviour was also favouritism and lying because stating that I nearly killed her was untrue. The only part of my body that touched her was my face - which she slapped. But seeing what has happened earlier this week I am sure that it is not the girls' fault - I am sure that Ellie forces them to their behaviour which even more unacceptable."

"Wonderful Blanche, outside is another exceptional young lady on office duty, please ask her to send for Miss Rules and Ellie Glue. And please ask Miss Diana next door for some herbal tea, what would you like dear?"

"Is it possible for citrus tea? Lady Grey is my favourite."

"Of course! Now, run along to the young lady and then Miss Diana!"

And so I did.

Back in the Headmistress' Office we drank our tea, knowing that Ellie and Miss Rules would take a while.

There was a knock on the door. Oh no, they couldn't have gone that fast!

But the words" Mother! It's me!"

calmed me down. So Mrs Lovely had a daughter! She might keep me company!

The door opened and instead of a girl was the most wonderful boy I ever saw. I nearly dropped my tea all over my neat uniform.

"What are you doing here, Cian?", Mrs Lovely asked.

"Don't you remember, Mother? St. Micheal's finish early today. And who do you have here? She's clearly a wonderful girl, you giving her this treatment.", Cian said.

"Oh yes, silly me! This is Blanche, Cian. And yes, she is wonderful. Would you like to join us?"

Cian nodded and I nearly fainted of delight!