Chapter Thirteen

One Week Later

I was a coward.

I wasn't acting like a coward. I wasn't behaving like a coward. I was a coward. A hundred and ten percent. I had been avoiding Dickhead for a week. Ever since he had burst into the study smelling of earth and heavenly manliness that made my knees weak and arousal pool low in my belly. It was the bond's fault for my cowardice because the male was too intense. Even when I tried to ignore how he had captured me against the desk, I felt the bond nearly doing the cha-cha at how close he was. The greedy little thing survived on fucking scraps.

I fumed as I scrubbed at the floor. Then I had to go and touch him because he looked one second away from snapping and ravishing me on the desk, which wouldn't have been too terrible. In fact it would have been down right pleasurable for both of us. Just imagining his hands on my skin was enough to make me melt. I slapped myself across the face for the thought. The loud crack made my face sting and Gamgam laugh.

"Thinking dirty thoughts again, aren't you?" She was laughing at my irritation and pain. She enjoyed it and I scowled at the floor as I returned to scrubbing it. Cleaning was the only way I had convinced Gamgam to help me hide from Dickhead and much to my fucking annoyance the slaps weren't helping me like they were before.

Dickhead still managed to find me around the house. We ate fucking meals together and he ignored my death glares as he chattered on about his day in that soft but rumbly voice of his. I would have escaped but the two fucking wilds were always on my ass about leaving the house. They followed me everywhere and it had been easier to stay inside when the pack members had started to question my presence on the territory. The house was large enough to hide in and I preferred the weird game of hide and seek Dickhead and I had going on to the pack members finding out about our dirty little secret.

I scrubbed at a difficult spot on the floor as the scowl darkened my face. I didn't want to be a coward about the situation but it was like nothing I did stopped the bond. The more time I spent with Dickhead the harder it became to ignore those incessant feelings. I couldn't push them away like I used to. I half wondered if it was because of my wolf. She couldn't lend me her strength so the human side of me was too weak to adequately fight against the urges and feelings.

"You know, the moon's pull is just going to get worse." Gamgam was chopping something on the cutting board and I silently glared at the floor, knowing better than to glare at her. My head still hurt from the good smack with the spoon she had given me earlier.

"Be quiet, Gamgam. I can deal with this." I gritted my teeth and wiped at the wet spot on the floor with a dry towel before moving over four feet and starting all over again. I would have used mops but Gamgam told me hand scrubbing the floors got them cleaner. I think she did it deliberately to try and irritate me.

"No you can't. That males gets within ten feet of you and nearly everyone can smell how he affects you." There was a tone in her voice that let me know she was smirking. Despite myself I could feel my face burning hotly at her words. No one wanted to hear that others could smell their unwanted arousal.

"That is not true." I hissed the words out and she merely chuckled. I scrubbed at the floor as if it were her lined face. The female was infuriating. Her only redeeming quality was how mouthy she got with Dickhead.

"If you think so, pisică." She chuckled at my growl of annoyance at the nickname. I thanked Mene with all I had that she didn't know the growl of annoyance had little to do with her using the nickname and more to do with the fact it always brought Dickhead's version of it to mind. How his soft and rumbling voice caressed each syllable it contained. It was distracting and irritating to hear him in my head when I was trying my best to avoid him completely.