Chapter Twelve-

A peck on the cheek and he pulled back.

I pulled away from him, shocked and angry.

"What the hell are you trying to pull, Archer?" Even in the dark confines of the car I knew he could feel the glare I was shooting his way. "You're lucky I'm still not back to my full strength, or your gorgeous greens will be sporting dark aviators tomorrow!"

He chuckled. The jackass actually had the nerve to chuckle, at me!

"You know you're such a jerk. I knew you were a perverted psychopath!" I snapped, about to open the car.

He grabbed my hand, "You're going to ruin the plan as soon as your get your short ass out of this car!"

"First of all, how the hell can ass be short? And second, what plan? Lastly, let go of my flipping hand!" I tried to tug my hand away from his grasp, keyword being tried.

Instead, he tugs my hand in his direction and I'm thrown against him, my head resting on his chest. His hand keeps my head in place, no matter how hard I try to move away from him. "Just five more seconds Marie. That's all I need."

Was he really a pervert? I didn't really get the whole 'I'm a pervert' vibe from him, but there's always a first time for me to be wrong.

I counted to five silently, allowing hum the reprieve of the five seconds he'd asked for.

"Let. Me. Go!" I gritted my teeth, feeling my temper rising. What the hell was he thinking?

He let me go.

"Explain yourself!"I demanded, as I tried to put as much distance between us as I could.

"Aww... Marie, you're blushing," he pressed a fairly large hand on my cheek. "Enjoyed that five seconds, didn't ya?"

"What? Noooo!" I yelled.

He smirked as if my hasty answer proved otherwise. "Explanation time." He leaned in closer. "Did you notice the cars and people around us?"

I stipped breathing focusing entirely on the fact that Jesse Archer was too close to me.

"Students," he continued when I said nothing, "from our very own PLHS." He stared down at me, waiting for me to magically develop telepathy and understand where he was going with this. I disappointed with a simple empty stare back, still very aware of his close, very close proximity.

He sighed. "Everyone expects anyone up here in this insane hour to be here for only one thing."

"And that is..." I tried to burrow myself deeper into the seat, anything to give us some breathing space.

"To hookup naturally." He smirked his devilish smirk and I concluded that I hated Smirky Jesse more than Glary Jesse.

Understanding dawned on me.

"And that my dear," he smiled, an actual full smile directed at me, "is how you wake up the beast inside Daemon."

"By making me out to be a slut?" I snapped, as I gathered that he wanted the entire student body to believe that we hooked up. And they will, by tomorrow. Thanks to the fact, that that is how dead our town is. Dead enough for people to be busybodies and entertain themselves with rumours. Besides, add that to the fact that Daemon had warned every single guy with that unique anatomy off of me.

"What? No!" Jesse was taken aback by my acussation.

"Well, that would be what everyone will be thinking by tomorrow."

"To be a slut, Marie, you need to have at least dated six guys within the period of ... a month," he smiled cockily, "and unless you've kept five guys hidden from everyone else, I'm your first boyfriend."

And then it hit me! Like a tonne stone boulder crashing into a collapsing building.

Jesse Archer is going to be my first boyfriend.

"I'm beginnining to rethink this while deal..."

"Oh, come now. It hasn't even been an hour and you're already considering backing out?"

I stared at him blankly.

"I thought you were someone who didn't care about what others thought of you." He leaned back, eyeing me with disappointed.

I felt regret, somehow.

"But, so sorry Candy Canes, you and I are stuck in this situation for some time, unless you wanna be known for being an easy lay?"

What? Did I say regret? I meant fist-down-his-throat-with-a-smile-on-my-face.

"Everyone's seen us Egg Nog! You can't back out now!"

It seemed like he'd moved on to calling me anything Christmas related.

"You planned this!"

He smiled, guiltily. "I didn't not plan it!" He pulled away, starting the car. "Now, what was it that you called my eyes? Gorgeous greens?"

If only I was a selfless person and just ended the world's suffering of his presence by taking control of the car and driving us off the cliff, but I couldn't.

I wasn't selfless. I was selfish. And I was gonna do whatever it takes to get Daemon. Even if it means becoming friends with the devil himself, namely Jesse Archer. Another player.

_____________________________

I know. "This update was short! Ehl_kayy_writes. Like wth?"
And to that I'm so sorry. Every book has to have a filler if not fillers... and this is it! So sorry... Next chapter under works though! :)
And yes there was a little Jantana moment there for all you Jesse lovers and yes, I'm looking at you Awesomel .... one of my awesomest commentors and fans.. Still looking into where you can get a Jesse Archer near you ;) xoxo
Sorry for the bad writing... please remember to as always VOTE and COMMENT awesome people! And FOLLOW if you wanna :D