Chapter 27

I had to assume it was early in the next morning. I had no way of telling time, or even a date for that matter. I was going on instinct and instinct told me it was early in the morning, at hours where it was still dark out.

                John and Clayton sat in the corner with a metal band binding their wrists and ankles together. None of us had spoken since then, Zee keeping the silence up.

                She had tried to stay awake to “protect” me from the guys, but had failed a while ago. I tried to sleep, but found that something was nagging at the back of my mind. I laid awake thinking about what life was like back in the days before.

                I hear a noise, turning my head to look over at the boys.

                Clayton motioned with his eyes to the ground in front of him. I knew that they couldn’t move their limbs from the bands tied around them. He didn’t dare make a noise, unsure of how heavy of a sleeper Zee would be.

                Carefully, I crawled away from Zee, moving much quicker when I was further away.

                I sat down in front of the guys, giving them apologetic looks. John refused to look at me; his eyes gaze off to the other side. Clayton locked his eyes with my own.

                “Ellie?” He whispered quietly. I ran my tongue over my lips, nodding my head. “Do you know her?”

                I shook my head.

                “We have to escape”

                “How?” I whispered

                Clayton sighed “I don’t know yet.”

                My eyes flickered over to John, noticing him staring at his feet. He glanced up at me.

                Clayton let out a very quiet growl, watching the exchange between me and John. He moved his eyes off to the edge, refusing to look at either of us.

                I nudged Clayton’s knee. “You ok?”

“Fantasic”

“Are you PMS-ing or something?”

                “PM- what?” He looked at me flabbergasted for a moment before turning away “I’m just angry”

                “With what?” I asked, fearing the answer.

                “You” Clayton said almost inaudible.

                John held back a laugh, glancing at me. I bit my lip, knowing why. Clayton had seen the kiss between John and I. Even in this time, I couldn’t imagine what

he thought. He was jealous and clearly upset that I would kiss John.

                I didn’t realize that he would still feel it. I thought, though, that now he wouldn’t care as much. They weren’t supposed to like girls to begin with, right?

                “Clayton…” I started, my voice choking up. I took a moment to try and calm myself down “What happened between me and John was… just… experimental.

Like with you and me”

                Clayton’s eyes hardened “So I was just an experiment?”