Hammer of the Gods: Part Three

Instead of waiting for Gabriel to come up with a plan, you three left the room to see if there was a way to release the inhabitants from the freezer inside the kitchen. You walk into the lobby and immediately hear screaming. The screams get louder as the owner comes closer to the room you're in. Sam and Dean jump behind a wall to hide, but you just stand there. There are multiple heavy footsteps to go along with the scream, and your eyes widen at the thought of more of those Gods coming.

Sam reaches out and grabs your arm, pulling you into him. He holds you close to his body as the three of you hide. You and Dean peek over the edge of the wall to see multiple Gods dragging one of the occupants of the freezer into the room. They heave him onto the front desk, and one of the gods raise a meat cleaver.

If you don't do something, this man is going to be dead. You struggle to get out of Sam's hold, but his arms are stronger than ever. The God slams the meat cleaver down on the man's neck, severing his head.

"It's too late," Sam whispers, and you bury your head in his chest to resist killing those Gods out there.

"I can take them," you argue.

"No, you can't. There are too many of them," he whispers back.

The Gods take their time chopping up the man, and they take the pieces with them back to the ballroom. The front desk is bloody and messy, but at least the room is empty. Sam lets you go, and you waste no time running towards the kitchen. Dean stares after his brother with an unhappy look on his face. There was no reason for Sam to hold you close like that for that long. This night needs to end so he can go back to being mad at you. Is he being childish? Maybe, but he doesn't need his brother rubbing in the fact that you two are getting closer because of something you did.

After all, you did kill his niece. How can Sam be okay after what you did?

The occupants of the freezer scream and beg for you to let them go. Since you're able to get them out the fastest, Sam and Dean watch your back while you use your magic to get the freezer unlocked. They beg and pound on the door which breaks your concentration multiple times. It's hard to get things done when so much is weighing on your mind.

Suddenly, Dean is grabbed and thrown back into a metal shelving unit. You look over your shoulder at Dean, but he yells at you to keep going. Zao Shen grabs at Sam next, going for his throat. Dean is still woozy from his landing, so he's not much help in this fight. Zao Shen squeezes Sam's throat very tightly before tossing him to the side.

When the God knows they aren't going to get in his way, he goes after you. Your hands and bright blue as are your eyes, and you were going to use this magic to unlock the door, but it looks like you have to use it for something else. Turning around, you place your hands in front of you to create a magical barrier between you and the God.

He looks at the blue barrier, but that only gives him determination to beat your ass. He pushes against the barrier as hard as he can, and your back slams against the metal door of the freezer. He slowly inches closer to you, and if Sam or Dean doesn't do anything soon, then he is going to break through and kill you.

His face is mere inches from yours, but he doesn't have the opportunity to go any further. Dean collects himself and gets up, grabbing the first thing he sees as a weapon. With it in hand, he rushes over to the God and penetrates his skin with the... wooden stake? Where the hell did he get that? He twists the stake inside Zao Shen, and the God quickly dies. Zao Shen falls to the ground, and you release the barrier with a deep breath.

"Thanks," you pant.

"Don't mention it," he grumbles.

"Where the hell is Gabriel?" you ask.