Swan Song: Part Two

Lucifer is here in Detroit; you can feel it. There are demons in the building he's residing in because you can see them when you look into your binoculars. There are at least a dozen of them just hanging out, either waiting for something to happen or for you three to show up. Lucifer is many things, and you believe patient is one of them.

"There a shit ton of demons. At least twelve of them," you say when you make your way back to the four men.

"He's here. I know it," Dean nods.

He leaves the group to open the trunk so that Sam can have access to all the demon blood he needs in order for this thing to do the way he wants it to go. You step aside with Castiel to let Sam and your dad have a moment since you don't think they will see each other ever again.

"This is going to work, right?" you ask the powerless angel.

He doesn't give you an answer, which weirdly enough, gives you everything you need to know. Castiel has had no faith in Sam or Dean before, and things worked out just fine. But then again, you were never dealing with Lucifer.

Sam and your dad part ways, and the younger brother heads over to the open trunk where the six bottles of demon blood are waiting for him. You leave Castiel's side and approach the younger brother from the left while Dean is on his right.

"You two mind not watching this?" Sam asks sheepishly.

"If you die, I'm going to kill you," you whisper tearfully.

He nods slowly, and you and Dean leave his side so he can do his thing in private. You don't know what to talk about with Dean, so you two just stand there in uncomfortable silence. Five minutes pass by, and you hear the sound of Baby's trunk closing. Sam wipes his mouth with his sleeve and approaches you from behind.

"Okay, let's go."

"Ready or not, here we come," you comment and head off towards the abandoned apartment building. Sam raises his arms when he's close enough to the building as if to say, 'I'm here, and you better watch out'.

"Alright! We're here, you sons of bitches! Come and get it!" he yells loudly.

The front door opens, and three bulky demons walk out with stone-cold faces.

"Hey, guys. Is your father home?" Dean asks with a bittersweet smile.

It's your job to get captured, you so don't fight when one of them grabs you. The other two take the brothers inside, and the three demons manhandle you three up the stairs and into one of the apartment rooms. Lucifer stands by the window and looks out of it. He doesn't turn to greet you and based on what little you can see of his reflection; he's gotten worse since the last time you saw him. There are more red sores all over his face. Whoever he's inhabiting is slowly dying from the inside. He needs Sam now more than ever.

"Hey, guys. So nice of you to drop in," he chuckles lowly. He breathes hot air over the window like a child would do in a cold car to make a smiley face before the window could defrost. However, his breath is ice cold, and it freezes the window in icicles. "Sorry if it's a bit chilly. Most people think I burn hot. It's actually quite the opposite."

"Well, I'll alert the media," Dean says.

Lucifer turns his face so you get a better look at the state he's in. You know not a lot of people can handle such a powerful archangel inside themselves. If, for some reason, Sam says no, then Lucifer's going to have a hard time trying to find someone who can take him for who he truly is. The Horsemen's rings sit in your pocket, and you finger them nervously.

"Help me understand something, guys. I mean, stomping through my front door is a tad suicidal, don't you think?"

"We're not here to fight you," Sam answers.