Chapter 16 | Keefe

Been a while since I've updated, huh? Anyways, yes I, xXPrettyWriterXx is the queen of procrastination, and...aw nvm, here's the chapter.

They chatted the whole way to the ballroom, Keefe had never had so much fun and laughed so hard since the great gullon incident. (Which he had nothing to do with) Sophie was sassy and snarky, he had never known a girl so long without kissing her at least once.

Sophie was as it seemed, unaware, or uncaring at the other girls glaring at her for coming with him. Not that he could blame them, he was even more gorgeous than the guys they saw in the magazines. 

He took great pride in the fact then whenever he and Fitz were in the same room, many people gave him disgusted looks and muttered something about Fitz being a filthy 'poisonous devil toad'—it wasn't too far from the truth...

As they neared the ballroom, he could hear chatter, music, and giggling from inside. As they turned the corner and entered he saw a lot of people—like a hella lotta people, how many people were in this damn school anyway?—Surely not this many.

Sophie winced as she entered, most likely at the loud music and the fact you could hardly fit any more people in the room without all being packed together. It was a nightmare. 

"That...is a lot of people," Sophie muttered, then she started scanning the crowd. "Biana was supposed to meet me here—" He followed her gaze to where she'd seen Biana.

Biana was at the food table. Stuffing her face. And pockets. And dress. And from what it looked like—bra, with sweets—subtly of course, so no one would really notice. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Sophie sigh, a long-suffering sigh. Sometimes he thought she might not be human with the amount of will power Sophie had. If Fitz was doing what Biana was, he'd probably join him, after all, you can't get that many sweets on campus...

"Keefe. Do. Not."

She really can tell exactly what he was thinking then.

He pouted. "Okay, how about just a few?—I can maybe get you some—"

"No. Bad Keefe. Stay." 

Keefe sighed, but gave in, not wanting to add to the bruise she'd given him. They walked around the party, talked to a few people, but after a while, he started to get hungry. "Hey Foster, wanna get some food?"

She shook her head, "No thanks, you go ahead though."

He gave her a weighing look, "You sure?"

Sophie

"Yes." She said a little snappier than she'd meant. "I'm going to go hang out with Biana."

Keefe turned to leave to get some food from himself when Sophie called over her shoulder. "And Keefe?" His head whipped around. Sophie gave him a small smirk, "Try not to stuff too many snacks in your pockets."

He gave her a grin in return, "Ah, you know me so well," then moments later added, "no promises."

Sophie just shook her head and walked over to where Biana was still stuffing treats into every nook and cranny in her dress. She finally understood why Biana liked to wear big and poofy dresses; she could fit more chocolate that way.

"Hey, Biana," Sophie said, sneaking up behind the girl.

Biana jumped a little in surprise, "Gosh, you started me—I thought I was gonna get busted—don't do that again!" Her hand suddenly flew to her mouth, "Crap. I mean...I wasn't doing anything that I shouldn't and could be busted for!"