Chapter 16

Chapter 16
                    I M A N I ' S < P O V

Looking into the mirror I look like shit. My eyes are swollen from all the crying last night. I woke up from a lot of text messages from Lisa asking where I was at. She said she heard everything last night. I didn't know what to say to her so I just didn't answer. I'll be sure to text her later.

I strip down to nothing and get in the shower. I really need this. I don't know what I'm going to do not being able to go home when Malique and I get into arguments. Now I'm stuck here and have to deal with him when we argue.

When I get out the shower I wash my face and look into the mirror. I look way better than I did 40 minutes ago. Yes I take 40 minutes showers. Malique always tells me I don't need to be in the shower that long but I don't see anything wrong with it.

I walk out the bathroom and hear Malique yell my name from the living room.

"Yes?" I ask him walking into the living room with my towel wrapped around my body.

"Get dress, I'm taking to get something to eat. Then I'm taking you to get your hair and nails done. And all that extra girly shit y'all like." he says and I laugh.

I guess that means I'll be getting cute today. And I was in desperate need of a fill in.

+++

After getting dress Malique bought me breakfast. He also kept his word and took me to get my nails and hair done. Once I walked out of the hair shop and into the car with Malique he asked me where else I wanted to go. I looked at the time and saw that it was 4:00.

"You wanna eat?" I ask him and he nods his head and starts driving. I look at my freshly done nails and smile and then frown. I love getting my nails done but my mom made me feel bad because she's right I use to not do this. I never got my nails done or put weave in my head because I could never afford it. But now that I have someone to take care of me she has a problem. He even takes care of the girls. Ever since me and Malique got together she hasn't had to pay for groceries or their clothes. All she has to do is pay the bills. Not saying that that's easy itself but it should be easier since Malique spent his money on groceries and their clothes.

Everytime I would go shopping for his house I would also go shopping for my house. Same whenever I would take the girls with me he always gave me money to get them things they needed, wanted and then some. He was good to them, along with me. I don't understand why she doesn't like him.

My phone starts ringing and I pull it out from my back pocket. It's a facetime call from Jasmine.

"Hey bestie boo." I answer the phone.

"Hey sis, where you going?" she ask.

"Me and Malique are going to eat."

"Awe okay, your hair is cute sus." she says and I smile at the compliment.

"Thanks sis." I say swinging my head back and forth. "Malique got it done for me along with my nails." I say flashing her my nails.

"Ohhh, okay sis. He's spoiling you today ain't he." she says and I nod smiling. I look next to me and look at Malique. How could I have gotten so lucky to get with someone like him. "Okay, sis. I'm gonna go. I'll come by the house later." she says interrupting my thoughts about Malique.

"Um, yea. Jassy, about that." I pause and Malique looks at me. "I don't live with momma anymore." I say and Jasmine looks at me, confused laced all on her face.

"What do you mean?" she ask and I sniffle.

"Um, I really don't want to talk about it right now. But we'll talk later." I say

"But-"

"Bye Jassy, love you." I interrupt her before she can finish her sentence and hangup.

I sigh and Malique looks at me.

"You good babe?" he ask and I nod my head.

The rest of the car ride was quiet. When we got into the restaurant I ended up ordering a lot.

"Damn mamas." Malique says when we get our food. "What's up with you? You been eating a lot lately." he states. I haven't really noticed but he's right. I just shrug it off, whatever.

+++

We finally get home and I am exhausted. It's courintly 10:00. I don't know where the time went. After lunch we ended up going to see a movie and now where home bout to watch another movie. I don't know why we didn't just do this at home but you know, whatever.

I into the room and take a shower and change into comfortable clothes. When I walk back into the living room Malique has changed into sweatpants and no shirt.

"You gonna scratch my back for me?" he ask sitting on the couch. I giggle and nod my head. The real reason I get my nails done is because Malique likes when I scratch his back.

I moved over to the couch and sat next to him and he immediately laid on top of me. His head on my boobs facing the tv and his arms around me protectively. Just like he wants I run my nails all along his back and he groans in satisfaction. I giggle at him. I love this man so much. I am so glad he came into my life.

"I love you mamas." Malique said in a tired voice making me smile

"I love you too daddy."

*unedited*