XXI|"Melody, stop following him!"

Not edited

Melody

"You're at the bakery?" Cayden asks,

"You literally called the bakery phone," I deadpan, it's like when someone asks if you're home, excuse me, I had no idea I could take my phone to holiday with me...

I hear him sigh, before saying, "Yeah sorry, you left really early today,"

I woke up early today and left for work, not like usual where Cayden and I would sit for breakfast and start our morning together.

I  nod, but then realise he can't see me, "yeah, busy day today," I lie, I'm sure he knows that as well since it's a Tuesday and Tuesdays are always a little dead.

I hear the bell on the door jingle, turning my head to find Peter, "Hey, Peter," I smile, he returns a shy smile and holds his hand up to wave.

"Whose that?" I hear Cayden ask

"Customer, anyways I should get going, the place is getting really full, Bye!" I hang up, not waiting for his response and put the phone down, turning to Peter.

"Hey, kid, how are you today?" Since the last time I saw him, there hasn't been any new bruises or wounds on him, unless he's covering them somehow.

He shyly nods, "I'm good, how are you?"

"I'm alright, what you in the mood for today?" I ask,

"Oh the cupcake you made yesterday, it-it was really good, not as sweet but it was nice," he says, reminding me, I had written the recipe down but just hadn't made any today, wasn't sure if it'd do any good. Even though the 10 I made yesterday, were all gone.

"Really? That's good and yeah it's supposed like that, for people who may not be a big fan of sweet desserts. Even though that should really be a crime, but still we shouldn't judge, each to their own," this causes Peter to laugh as he looks through his options.

Once again Peter decided to join us, he sat in the corner and did homework while I worked, when it got quieter, I'd sit with him and just chat,

"He's nice, helps out around the house," I was telling him about my 'housemate'.

He smiles and nods, "that's nice, I just live with my dad, but we usually have- I mean we usually take turns around the house for chores," he stiffened up for a second before nodding again and smiling, that was weird...

"What is he to you?" He randomly asks.

"he's- he's a friend."

.

.

Who would've thought my life could get any crazier, definitely not me.

"No, I swear he's here!" I whisper yelled into the phone, hiding behind the aisle.

Instead of going straight home, I decided to do some shopping and buy groceries, thinking this would be a straightforward trip.

Clearly not...

"Melody, stop following him and come back," Cayden warns, he sounds angry...

While I was buying cereal I noticed a familiar face on the other end of the aisle, scary gang leaders eat cereal? Maybe instead of milk, they have it with the blood of their enemies. Eww...

I groan, "He's gonna get away again. I'm calling E,"

"NO, Mel-" before he could say anything, I cut the phone but then very quickly realised that I don't even have E's number. Great.