Chapter 2

KAGEYAMA'S POV

I wake to a loud beeping coming from my right. I reach over and drop my palm against my alarm clock to shut it up. I sit up and look at the volleyball in my corner then to my clock.

"7:15?!?! IM LATE!" I roll off of my bed landing on the floor with a thump but I quickly jump back up and run into my closet yanking out some clothes to wear to practice.

Wait! Did Hinata wait for me!? No he wouldn't have. . . I need to hurry! I quickly pull on the clean clothes and and grab my bag. I push open my door and run down the stairs.

"Tobio Kageyama!" I hear my mother yell from the kitchen. I race into the kitchen and hug my mom planting as kiss on her cheek.

"Love ya mom! Got to go!" I say as I dash back towards the door and turn the nob. Wait. . .my phone. I race back up stairs and hear my mom laughing at me running around like a maniac. I snatch my phone off of my dresser and race back down the stairs.

"Bye Tobio! Love you!" My mom yells from the kitchen as I close the door. I turn on my phone as I begin to race down the sidewalk.

Thirteen unread messages from Dumbass

I skim through the messages quickly but intently.

Goodmorning Kageyama

Hey, where are you?

Its 6:45, you should be awake by now

6:46

6:47

6:48

6:49

6:50

Kageyamaaaa

Do I wait here for you?

Ill just wait

Ugh were gonna be late

7:13

I quickly dial up Hinatas number and press the phone to my ear. I round a corner picking up pace as I run while clutching my phone and bag, one in each hand. Im so dead.

Hello?

Hinata I slept through my alarm! Are you still at the meeting spot?

Uhm yeah, please hurry! We are so dead

You idiot! You shouldve gone ahead!

I couldnt make you feel anymore of a loner than you already are Kageyama! I wouldnt be much a friend if I did, would I?

Friend. . . for some reason that word lingered in my head. I held the phone to my ear and continued to race to the spot. I see Hinata and hang up the call pushing my phone into my pocket.

"Hinata!" I yell and immedietly he looks towards me and waves his hand with a big smile. Natsu is by his side and I stop across the street. Crap! We still have to drop Natsu off at my house. I dash across the street panting. Natsu sits on her bike smiling and waving at me.

"Hi Kageyama!" I smile at her and it just makes her flinch back. I need to work on that.

"Come on! Daichi is already gonna have our heads!" I quickly look both ways and dash back across the street. Hinata and Natsu follow quickly behind me.

"Race you guys there!" Natsu yells as she peddles in front of us. This little girl seems just as annoying as Hinata. Me and Hinata look at each other as a smirk comes across my face. I kick off the ground harder racing after Natsu.