Chapter 11

Kevin sat in a chair, pulled up to her bedside. He held her small hand in his. He laid his head on her bedside. "Please come back to me. I don't think I would make it without you." He closed his eyes, too weary to hang on.

********

Kyra woke to a tingling in her hand. She looked down to see Kevin holding her hand, fast asleep. It was still a mystery to her how she felt the tingles from him. She carefully removed her hand from his. The tingles were disconcerting. He woke with a start.

"Are you okay?" He stood and cupped her face in his hands. He had a look in his eyes that she could not comprehend. Kyra couldn't stop staring into his eyes. When she realized what she was doing, she blushed and looked down. Kevin laughed and gave her a peck on the forehead before sitting back down.

"How are you feeling?"

Kyra shrugged her shoulders. She couldn't bring herself to look up at him. "Could I have some water?"

"Yeah, sorry I should of asked." He poured her a glass of water from the pitcher he placed on her beside table. Kevin handed it to her and she took it with trembling hands. She drank it quickly, handing him the glass back. "Do you want more?"

Kyra shook her head. "No. I'm fine. How long was I asleep?"

Kevin didn't want to upset her. He looked at her cautiously. "Three days."

Kyra's head snapped up. "T-Three days?!" He nodded, afraid to speak before she had a chance to absorb it. Her mouth worked but no sound came out.

"I do have some good news."

Kyra hoped he was going to tell her that the Alpha had come and gone, never to return. "What is it?"

"Alpha Gordon has postponed his trip."

Kyra's shoulders sagged. "Oh."

"This is good news! We have time to prepare before they come. I will be with you every step of the way."

Kyra mumbled. "I don't want them to come at all."

Kevin sat on the side of the bed and took her hands in his. "Kyra look at me." Kyra took a steadying breath and slowly lifted her head. "I promise you I will not let anyone hurt you again. We will work on this together. I will not leave you alone with him at anytime. Plus I have a great idea how to get rid of them."

"How?"

Kevin face split with a huge grin. "We will pretend you are my girlfriend."

Hey guys! I know it's short, sorry. I haven't had much time to write but I didn't want you to have to wait for an update.

Vote⭐️, comment, follow and share please.