Chapter 7- Apologizing and Confession

How is everyone today/tonight?
---------------------
The next day
Kageyama was out the next day, jogging around the block on a Saturday. Well... no matter how you look at it, Kageyama thought to himself as he sprinted down the concrete what happened was 100% and totally and completely my fault. Light rain plipped around him onto the ground but Kageyama didn't notice. Well, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. First, I need to apologize to Hinata and then...

There was a drop of water and then many more that fell on top of Kageyama's head making him stop running instantly . Kageyama tched annoyingly, looking up at the falling rain. And then, he looked straight ahead and connected eyes with someone he didn't expect to see. Hinata...

"Uwah! Kageyama!" Hinata jumped back.

"Hinata..." Kageyama said under his breath. "What are you doing here?"

Hinata was in front of the secluded park, just standing in front of it. Hinata twiddled his thumbs around and mumbled, "Going for a jog s-since there are no club activities today." Him, too? "I-I guess I came here without realizing it, then..." Hinata said.

"Well this works for me," Kageyama said, "hey , listen, about yesterday I'm-"

"Sorry!" Hinata bowed down deeply, interrupting Kageyama's apology. Huh? Why is he apologizing? "Are you... mad that I slapped the crap outta you?" Hinata asked. Hinata noticed the bandage on Kageyama's forehead and wondered if he accidentally hit his forehead instead. Hinata was on the ground before, he couldn't really tell what he was hitting with tears clouding his vision.

"Huh? Why would I be?!" Kageyama screamed, "why are you apologizing?! I'm the one who needs to apologize!"

Kageyama took a deep breath. "I broke our promise... and did something you didn't like. Something horrible," Kageyama said. "And I'm sorry."

"I didn't feel like I'd had something horrible done to me, though?" Hinata said with a questioning tone and a shrug.

Kageyama was stunned and utterly confused. Did I hear that right?

Hinata looked away and mumbled sideways, "I mean, yeah I was kinda scared, but that's... not why I hit you. So... I'm apologizing."

"You mean.. You had some other reason?" Kageyama asked him. Hinata didn't reply. "Spit it out."

"It'll gross you out though for sure," Hinata admitted.

"Whatever, just say it." Hinata felt like his skin was on fire. "I-I didn't really pay any attention to it at first but uhm... lately the way your voice sounds, when you're touching me, and your eyes a-and your hands... I kind of... started to think about them. A-at night. And... it got kinda stuffy." Hinata kept his gaze down. Stuffy?

"And I thought that was kinda bad so I wanted you to stop doing stuff that riled me up b-but then I just... got even more sensitive," Hinata said, "and yesterday day just..."

Kageyama stayed silent, noticing how red Hinata's face was. Hinata didn't finish his sentence. Is it possible... that all of his 'I don't like this' just meant 'this is embarrassing'?

"I doubt it's gonna gross me out," Kageyama told him, "so say it."

Hinata looked down at the ground and to avoid Kageyama's stare, used his orange hair to cover his blazing face... "I-I've been t-thinking about you... E-every night lately..." Hinata tugged on his jacket. Tears began dripping off Hinata along with the soft rain. Hinata used his hands to cover up his face.

"A-and..." Hinata sniffled, "touching myself. So yesterday... I dunno why but I thought when you touched me, you were definitely gonna realize... t-that you would notice how... how I felt about you."

Rain shushed around them, drowning out any noise. When Kageyama didn't say anything, Hinata got worried he did something wrong. Hinata took a peek up at him. Kageyama was trembling, his cheeks pink and a weird smile pulling up his lips...

"You're grossed out! Look at you!!" Hinata pointed.

Kageyama gasped. "I'm not!" Kageyama yelled, "I'm ecstatic, dumbass!"

Ecstatic?

But... what feelings does he mean..?
"B-besides," Kageyama stammered for the first time. Hinata had never heard him stammer, "w-what would make you think I'd be grossed out by that?"

Hinata looked up at Kageyama as he spoke. "You know how I feel about you, after all." Hinata cocked his head with a confused glance, some water dripping off his orange curls.
-----------------------
Yay! I got a thumb cramp and sleep deprivation! 😁
Word count: 746