Chapter 6: Broken Nose

"Come on, half-wit, you gonna help your retard friend?" the left captor sneered, spurring on another fit of violent struggling from the patient they held between them. You heard wailing mixed with the loud, angry shouting from the captive patient. Slowly, you crept forwards, a hand over your mouth. The patient threw himself to the left, dragging the doctors with him and slamming the left one against the wall, though his grip still held and the patient wasn't freed. With the action you caught a quick glimpse of what was previously hidden from you, and you let out a quiet gasp and pick up your pace. The closer you got the more angry you became until you were mere feet away and could confirm what you thought was happening. Past the captive patient and the two cruel doctors you could see a second patient curled into a ball on the floor, trying to stop a third doctor from kicking him violently or jamming a taser into his sides and shoulders. With every attack the patient on the ground curled tighter in on himself, shaking from fear or anger or pain or maybe, probably all three. You speak before you can stop yourself.

"What the fuck is going on here?!" your voice can be explained as nothing other than the screech of a demon from the depths of hell, your eyes ablaze with the same anger that made you shake. The moment you speak the men holding the patient back whip to face you, and you catch a glance at the patient's face, your jaw dropping and your breathing going ragged. "Thomas??!" the doctor's eyes light up with a sadistic glee and excitement.

"Hey there, you pretty little thing~" one of them purrs, and you clench your hands into tight fists, "After we're done teaching these bitches a lesson we can play a little with you~"

Your voice catches in your throat so that you can't say anything else, but you want to so badly. Instead, since you can't use words, you burst into a sprint, pulling an arm back and delivering a lightning-fast, devastating punch across the right doctor's face. He lets out a scream that's almost louder than the crack of his nose breaking, and you send him spiraling right to the ground, releasing one of Thomas' arms. He doesn't hesitate for more than a second as he wraps his own arm around the left doctor's throat, lifting him for a second before slamming him viciously to the ground and turning to his brother, Bubba, being beaten senseless on the ground. The one who was hurting him now held out his taser-stick like a prayer, taking slow, determined steps forwards without a trace of fear in his gaze.

"You sick fucks!! These are your patients!!" you spit as the man you had punched leaps to his feet, a scowl on his bloodied face.

"You little bitch-" he hisses, and then he's lunging towards you with a crazed expression and a death wish. You prep for another punch but he's on you first this time, one hand catching your fist in the air, the other going for your throat and tightening around it like a viper. You're pushed across the hallway and against the wall with such force that the air is pushed out of you, your vision going dark around the edges as you fight for oxygen, tunneling in on the man's cruel, angry face and blocking out the sounds of a struggle resulting from Thomas and the two doctors in his attempt to save his brother.

"Let...!" you try to choke out a sentence, a 'let go', but fail miserably as you pound your fists against the man wherever you can, finally landing a brutal kick to his weakest spot and making him loosen his grip for a moment. That moment is all you need as you curl in your knee, shooting it out again to hit home against his ribs, the force pushing him back just enough for you to struggle out of his grasp. Your vision floods back to you and you turn to Thomas and Bubba, both on their feet. Thomas, however, had a guard on his back and another jamming the taser into his ribs, Bubba trembling on his feet as he tried to cling onto consciousness. Blood covered his face, seeping out from his mask. Even from so far away you could see the far-away look in his eyes and the obvious signs of a concussion. You set your jaw and dive forwards back into the battle, hooking an arm around the doctor's neck who held the taser. Thomas takes his chance and kicks out a knee, connecting with the side of the weapon and knocking it from the doctor's grasp. From there it's easy to pry the other doctor from their place in Thomas' back. You toss the doctor you had to the side as best as possible, spinning on your heel and backing up to stand beside Thomas like the second half of a human shield, defending Bubba indefinitely.