Recollection

Just a warning: I know some of you haven't seen Crimes of Grindelwald - if that's the case, I'm not sure you should read this chapter or any future ones if you don't want anything spoiled. Thank you!
~~~

She walked along the busy street with her hair curled high and out of her face. The grand opening of a new bakery had caused the whole city to go into an uproar with the homemade sweets. It made her smile brighten, as did the new sunlight that was peeking more and more with the seasons changing.

Tina was casually leaning against a streetlamp across the street with a long sleeve shirt and professional pants. Making her way over, she snickered at her older sister.

"Do you think it'll work?"

Tina shrugged, but there was hope in her eyes, "Your logic seems alright. I wouldn't consider meeting us a bad memory, would you?"

"Unless we count the multiple times you tried to arrest Jacob in..."

"We don't need to mention that," Tina smiled menacingly. "That's something of the past. But, Anna, don't you think it's dangerous reminding him of a world he was never supposed to know?"

Adelaide rolled her eyes, "And there you go sounding off on that Auror talk. How about we just enjoy the fact we might be getting a brother-in-law in the not-so-distant future?"

"It's my job to be skeptical, Anna. How else am I suppose to catch dark wizards?" Tina huffed, folding her arms and peering down the streets. "That line has really started to pick up."

"I'm sure Queenie's bright pink outfit will make her distinguishable from the crowd," Anna laughed. "I just hope he recognizes her somehow."

Tina pursed her lips and squinted her eyes as the sun appeared from behind a cloud, "Any word from Newt yet?"

Anna visibly shrunk, "Not for weeks. I hope he's alright. Last I heard he was signing the publishing papers and giving his assistant a raise."

"What was her name? Benny? Betsy?"

"Bunty. I guess she's been a real help to him while he was overseas here." Anna's smile faltered, "But he hasn't responded to my last update in almost a month. I wanted to be sure he was home comfortably before I decide to just show up on his doorstep."

Tina smirked, "It would be kind of a shock to come home to you playing with Murtlaps and Nundus and MACUSA knows what."

"Exactly, I was ready to leave a week ago. But with him not saying anything, I'm not sure going now would be the best idea." She straightened her dress and gazed in the direction that Tina was, "Has she come out yet?"

Tina shook her head, "She's probably dragging him to some corner of the shop and kissing him as..."

"Tina! You shouldn't say such things," Anna blushed.

"Just stating a theory," she mumbled with a smile. "What are you going to do now that you quit the hospital? Abasi can't legally let you pick up shifts anymore, right?"

Anna frowned, "No, not technically. Though Poppy still won't let me hear the end of all the mishaps the clinic's been having. Apparently a Billywig stung a few patients and they were found floating in midair from the venom. A few No-Maj too!"

Tina whipped towards her with a suspicious look, "You think it was an escapee of Newt's?"

"Must have been. We don't see Billywigs around here. It's such a small insect I wouldn't be surprised if it slipped out of the case unnoticed."

"But there hasn't been anymore creature related disturbances?"

Anna shook her head and Tina appeared more relieved, "You wouldn't go after Newt all the way in England just because of an insect, right?"