Chapter One

Harry's father, King Desmond, ruled the undersea kingdom. He was very proud of Harry's many gifts, especially his beautiful singing voice. He had arranged to give a special concert to show his son's wonderful talent to all the merfolk.

Harry's sisters sang to begin the concert. Then they sang a special song to introduce Harry.

But Harry wasn't there!

Desmond was not pleased. How could Harry have forgotten to show up for his own debut?

As usual, Harry was exploring. He had found a sunken ship to play in and had forgotten all about the concert. By the time he returned home, the guests had left.

Desmond was so angry that he ordered Louis, a crab who was his court composer, to follow Harry and to keep him out of trouble.

Later that day, Harry slipped away again, with Louis following close behind. He hadn't gone far when a huge shadow darkened the waters above.

"It's a ship!" he gasped with delight.

Harry swam to the surface to get a closer look. There were humans on board! One of them was very handsome. Harry heard the others call him Prince Zayn.

But as Harry watched, a sudden storm took them all by surprise. To his horror, the ship began to sink. Most of the people were able to climb safely into a lifeboat. But the handsome young prince was hit by a falling spar and thrown into the churning water.