eight.

ring

hello, y/n. what's up?

i'm moving tomorrow!

what?!

yeah, i managed to convince my parents to let me come over earlier.

have you packed everything?

yes, and i can give you my address so you can come over.

sure! i'll be there after practice.

i'm going to start school on friday.

oh alright.

i actually have something to announce.

shoot.

moo's pregnant!

w-wow! how did it happen and when did you find out?

apparently moo had an encounter with a stray male cat while my family was asleep. i only found out today that she's one month in!

that sneaky cat sure knows how to keep secrets, huh?

yeah. speaking of cats, remember my friend yaku? he told me that nekoma made it to the nationals along with um... fukaru...

fukurodani academy?

yes! that school.

well, thanks for telling me. i think hinata would've told me if you didn't.

that little orange jumpy kid?

he's close friends with their setter, kozume kenma.

waaaah! yaku told me all about kenma. apparently he's the brain of the team and he's very observant. i've yet to meet him, though.

you can when you become our manager and go to the spring tournament with us.

you know exactly how to make me feel excited

are you blushing?

n-no! definitely not, chi. how dare you accuse me of such actions?

i was just joking. i can't wait for you to officially meet the team. also, i have to go eat dinner.

oh, okay then. i guess i'll go give moo a bath. goodnight, daichi. see you.

goodnight, y/n. see you.

beep
"i can't wait to see her again"

ila speaks!
EEEK!! we're nearing the end of the story. i only have to write nine, ten and the epilogue before we reach the end of daichi and y/n's journey. also moo is pregnant????? i just wanted to add something interesting to the story so the call wouldn't seem so plain and boring.

sorry for so many author's notes in the past chapters! thank you for reading <3