Chapter 10

Chapter-10

-It's not a big deal

Diana Thomas's POV

His lips are softer than I expected. My insides are just melting. I am too much in the kiss to even notice his touch. My hands reach up and my fingers bunch his hair in my fist as the kiss deepens. I didn't know this is how a kiss feels. This my first time kissing someone, but it feels so comfortable. Instead of feeling nervous, I feel calm. Like this is meant to be.

I let him lead as I feel like floating on water. I feel like I am on cloud nine. I don't know what is happening to me, but it feels so good. I want to kiss him more and more. Our tongues dance for a while. I am lost in the kiss, in him and in this moment.

"You are the charm of my life."

"You are mine."

"I love you, Cara Mia."

And just like that, the spell cast on me breaks. I let him go immediately breathing for air. I look up and find him doing the same. He is looking at me intensely. Whose voice was that in my head? Am I imagining things? Why did that voice sound so familiar? My mind is suddenly all over the place. His hands are still around my waist. I move to get out of his hold and he lets me.

"Are you okay?" He asks and just then I go back to the moment we are kissing and realize this is going to be awkward now. This is going to be so awkward now. But his voice... It sounds so familiar to the one I heard in my head. What is happening to me? Maybe I am just too infatuated with him that I am imagining it all!

"I am fine, Mr. Vincento." I look here and not having the courage to look into his eyes. This is my first kiss and I kissed my boss. Oh Diana! "I think I should leave." I quickly exit the room and walk to the living room. I hear his footsteps behind me. Picking up my things and dumping them in my bag, I take my phone and turn around to find him looking at me intently. "See you tomorrow."

He nods his head. "Drive safely." His voice is so monotone that I can't detect what he is feeling.

I nod my head once and walk to the lift. He follows me. "Don't forget to take your medicines, you have two meetings tomorrow." I remind him.

"I will."

The lift doors close and I let a breath out.

Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God! What the hell?! I kissed my boss?! Fuck! What is wrong with me? I am so fucked up! I hit my head and nearly bang my head against the wall. Diana! Don't you ever think before you act?! Just why?

Now that I think about it, he didn't even stop me when I was leaving. Did he like it? Did he not? What will he say tomorrow? Will it be awkward between us from now? Was it just a heat of the moment thing?

My heart hurts a little that he didn't even care to stop me. Why would he? It's not like he has any feelings for me. Do I have any feelings for him? Do I? Do. I?

I sit down on the lift floor all the while as it goes down and pull my hair.

Aah! Why do these things keep happening to me?

"Miss! Miss, are you okay?" I hear someone's voice. I look up and man in his mid-forties is looking at me with concern. He is wearing a security uniform. When did the lift doors open? I stand up and walk out.

"I am fine."

"Are you sure?"

No! I just kissed my boss and ran away from him. He didn't even try to stop me. Now it's going to be awkward from tomorrow. I don't know if he wants to talk about it. What do I do, if he wants to? Or worse, what do I do if he doesn't want to? What if he gets angry and doesn't want me to work in the company anymore? What will happen to me then? I have to start searching for a new job!