C H A P T E R 5

June 26 | DAY 209 : 43 am

June 26 | DAY 2
09 : 43 am

Seokjin slowly opened his eyes to four heads staring at him. The bright light which poured in through the glass windows hurt his eyes as he tried to open them. His vision seemed blurry at first, but it slowly cleared up to show Namjoon, Yoongi, Jungkook and Jimin staring at him silently, with concern on their faces.

"Are you okay? Does your head hurt?", Jimin broke the silence.

"Taehyung?! Where's Taehyung?!", Seokjin suddenly sat up straight, but quickly drew his hand over to his forehead, as it hurt.

"Calm down... Everybody's fine.", Namjoon said, his voice felt assuring.

He slightly moved to the side to show Taehyung sitting on the other side of the aisle and the man with the purple highlights treating a big cut on Taehyung's arm.

Seokjin let out a deep sigh and looked around. They were still inside the bus. But it was morning now, which was evident from all the bright sunlight coming in.

"Here... Drink this...", Namjoon handed him a bottle of water.

Seokjin finished the entire bottle in one go and looked at Namjoon.

"So it wasn't a dream... Was it?", Seokjin said as he looked at the tiny scab on Namjoon's nose.

"No, I'm afraid not.", Namjoon replied after taking the bottle from Seokjin's hand.

Seokjin looked over to Jungkook and Jimin, their faces too had small scratches here and there. Then he turned to Taehyung, who was blowing on his arm to reduce the sting from the first aid that he got.

"Are you alright?", Seokjin asked and he received a boxy smile from Taehyung.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Jungkook here saved me... or... I probably would have died.", Taehyung tapped on Jungkook's shoulder and Jungkook smiled.

Seokjin felt quite relieved to hear that, as his last memory before blacking out was about Taehyung. He tried to recollect what happened last night and he suddenly pulled on Namjoon's arm.

"Namjoon... That thing... It didn't die... Even after the bus ran over it... It ran after that... It ran!", Seokjin's voice got louder and louder and Namjoon had to shush him.

"What are you even talking about?", Jimin looked confused.

Namjoon looked even more confused.

"What?! That's not possible... How can he not die? Maybe you saw something else...", Namjoon shook his head as he looked at Jungkook, but Jungkook seemed to be in deep thought.

"No Namjoon! I saw it.... with my own eyes... Its body looked even more crushed but it was still alive!", Seokjin said with his face as pale as paper.