C H A P T E R 29

(if you haven't read the chapter before this, please do... It's a double update :))

Seokjin felt his breath falling straight, he had found it, their destination

Seokjin felt his breath falling straight, he had found it, their destination. The metal plate gleamed under the sun while the commotion behind them grew louder, the black wave of death crashing right behind them as it engulfed the streets.

Seokjin pushed the gate open with a very shrill creaking noise, triggering the decedents even more. After getting inside, he helped Yoongi down and tried to lock the gate. He locked it halfway before the crowd of zombies slammed onto the gate, Yoongi quickly pulling him away from their clutches by a hair's breadth.

They knew that the gate won't hold the 'zombies' much longer, they had to make it to the top of the building before the gates failed.

Seokjin glanced at his watch, time was running out.

July 3 | DAY 9
06 : 15 am

Forty-five minutes. That was all they had to reach the eighth floor of the edifice they saw in front of them, standing tall but crestfallen.

Seokjin picked up Yoongi and ran to the main door of the building which seemed to be deserted, they couldn't spot any of the creatures around there. Behind them, the crowd grew. Shrieking and screaming, the creatures banged on the huge gates, some even trying to get across by climbing up.

Seokjin and Yoongi quickly made their way onto the ground floor of the building, entering what used to be a reception area. There was no power, thus elevators were not an option.

"Let's take the fire exit...", Yoongi spoke as he panted, pointing at the door with a green sign. Seokjin was tired too, he had been carrying Yoongi all day but he was determined to get out alive.

Seokjin shifted all of Yoongi's weight to his shoulders and started climbing the steps, one by one, it was a tiring task. There were eight floors of stairs and as if everything was not in hell already, Yoongi's leg had started bleeding again.

They persevered through until they heard a loud thud followed by a clash and a clank. The sound of footsteps echoed through the building, screams resounding and the rails vibrating.

They were inside.

It was only a matter of time before the creatures found the staircase, the door to which Seokjin had locked but that really wouldn't do any help here. He only hoped the creatures never found it.

They kept moving. The floor number boards stuck onto the walls on each floor made their hearts beat faster and lungs work quicker. They were on the seventh floor when Seokjin suddenly felt the staircase railing vibrating vigorously, the echoes of the shrieks started reaching their ears more clearly.

They quickened their paces to the maximum they could do, fatigue started taking them over.

"Come on Yoongi... One more... floor...", Seokjin panted, his lungs ached from not being able to breathe properly.