𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

I sigh while I clean the last chair for tonight. It was an exhausting day and Hero didn't text me. I should stop being so clingy he's got a job to do like I do. Joaquin left early today he has a date with Liam that's a new one for me. He didn't leave without a sorrow look on his face pitying me. He probably noticed I got a bit more quiet these last days. I wouldn't even think that I'd miss Hero this much but I got so used to him calling me up or stopping by the apartment that I didn't really notice how fast I was falling. I put away the cloth and grab my bag locking up the tattoo studio today. I decide to stop by the café to see Madison I promised Khadijha to feel her out about the topic boyfriend. And if I'm being honest I don't want to spend another night alone at the apartment because I don't think Joaquin is going to turn up the next hours and if he does Liam's going to be with him.

The door bell rings when I step into the café and I spot Madison serving a table. The atmosphere is pretty comfortable at the evenings because not many people are here a few students working on their laptops or business men speaking on the phone quietly. I choose a table in the back and sit down noticing the soft sounds of jazz music escaping the speakers that are hanging on the wall.
"Hey April how you doing?" Madison steps up beside my table. "I'm doing good." She gives me a concerned look. She looks around quickly and then sits down in front of me. My eyes widen at her reaction. "It's pretty hard when you're so early in the relationship and Hero has to leave." She says compassionately. "Wait how do you know?" I ask her confused. "The internet silly." She chuckles and I give her a shy smile. This internet and social media makes me go crazy in the future it's like their invading my privacy. "You know what I'm going to get you a hot chocolate and a pie you're going to feel much better after that." I smile thankfully at her offer. She winks and stands up again squeezing my shoulder while she walks past me. I pull out my phone to check for any new messages and I got one but it's from Inanna. Why does she have time to text me and Hero doesn't? Calm down April he has more filming to do than her.

I notice a man in a suit a few tables away who watches me intently. I narrow my brows at him and he stands up closing his laptop and making his way over to me. Who the hell is this man? He puts his laptop in front of me aggressively and sits down on the chair. "Excuse me?" I ask him. I look around for Madison but she's probably in the back preparing my hot chocolate. "Nice to meet you April I'm Gordon McCullers." He holds out his hand which has a big expensive looking watch around his wrist. His blonde hair is gelled back while his blue eyes watch me intently. His lips are in a straight line framed by a light beard, he's probably in his thirty's and looks like a successful business man. I hesitantly put my hand in his and he gives it a good squeeze shaking my hand. "Sorry to disappoint you but I don't think I know you." I tell him holding his gaze. "That doesn't matter because I know you. You are Hero Fiennes Tiffin's girlfriend." Not this again. Is this another psycho fan of him? Or even better a reporter. "I'm not saying anything about our relationship." I snap instantly at him. A small smile makes it's way onto his lips. "And I don't want you to. I am Hero's manager and I know all about your little liaison." Liaison? Who does this guy think he is? I cross my arms and look at him expectantly. "I see why Hero likes you, you got some fire." "Get to the point."
"I'm here to make you a little offer." He grabs inside his suit jacket and pulls out a white envelope which seems to be filled generously. He slides it over to me but I don't touch it one bit. Instead I wait for his explanation. "Your little adventure with the small actor is over April. If Hero wants to be a big actor he needs to stick to other famous people like Josephine if the fans would see her at his side they would go crazy and he would stay on the news." My mouth drops open at his proposal. Is this envelope filled with money? "You want me to stay away from Hero?"
"Exactly if the envelope is not enough I'm sure we can handle something out but the money is more than you make as a tattoo artist a year." He looks me up and down critically. I lean forward and push the envelope back to him anger raging through my veins. "Hero and I are not having an 'adventure' like you said. We're in a serious relationship and no money in the world is going to make me stay away from him."
He laughs cynically at my words. "Listen to me doll if you want the best for Hero stay away from him. I know what or who is good for him and you aren't. You're just holding him back in your little world and you know you're going to feel guilty at the end. If you can live with knowing you're responsible for destroying the amazing career he could have than fine do that. It's your choice and your responsibility." His words leave me shook and I stand up angrily. Madison arrives at my table with a smile but I can't give her one back. "Sorry Maddy I need to leave it's an emergency." I tell her and look one last time at McCullers. "Screw you." I say grabbing the envelope and tear it in half. I let it drop onto the table and storm out of the café leaving an angry manager and a confused Madison behind me.