THIRTEEN

FRIDAY 10/11

Today was Friday and Taehyung was walking towards the school, a little bit late. His business had started over a month ago already, and he was surprised to see people were still using him daily.

Today, for some reason, four people wanted to send a message to Namjoon. All of them being girls, and all of them commenting his appearance. The brunet wondered what he was wearing to catch everyone's eyes on the same day.

And then there was Seokjin. Taehyung liked how different Jin was from the others. Instead of asking to tell him he was "hot", he had asked Cupid to tell him that he reminded him of a teddy bear and he wished he could hug him to fall asleep.

During the twenty-two days when he never failed to send a daily text, he had commented on his appearance about four times only. Taehyung thought this to be the reason Namjoon always looked happy receiving the messages.

Taehyung arrived in the building, sending the fives messages in a row, finishing up with Jin's comment of course. Best for last. He arrived in his classroom and sat next to Hoseok, as per usual. What was unusual was Namjoon standing up from his seat in the front row (wearing glasses, a black turtle neck and tight fitting jeans) to sit down in front of Taehyung, smiling at him.

When Jimin and Jeongguk joined and sat on the table in front of Hoseok's, Taehyung instantly put his phone on his lap, under the table.

"You're Cupid right?"

Taehyung's jaw dropped, along with Hoseok's, Jimin's and Jeongguk's. What? How could he know? There was no way he knew. He was bluffing for sure. Right?

"What?" Hoseok and Taehyung said in unison.

"You can tell me. You're always on your phone and I saw you the other day, you looked at me right after I sent you a message. It's you, right?"

"I thought Cupid was a robot?" Hoseok said immediately, looking at Taehyung.

"It's not me." The brunet answered. "I thought it was a girl?"

Taehyung looked at Jimin, and then at Jeongguk. The latter was looking at him intensively. The brunet wondered if this was the first time Jeongguk ever paid attention to him. It probably was.

"Ok, show me your phone then."

Hoseok quickly gave his phone to Taehyung under the table, and Taehyung showed the phone to Namjoon. The latter looked at it, seeing a picture of Hoseok and Taehyung as a lockscreen. The brunet unlocked it to allow him to see the text messages.

--
Bestie 😍🌞💛 :
Oh shut up you know I'm right you're ...
--

--
Eomma :
I will come home a little late tonight I ...
--

--
Jun :
I don't trust you, you can't keep a secr ...
--

Namjoon looked back up to Taehyung.

"Who's Jun?"

"My cousin." Taehyung said right away. "Wanna see a picture? He's quite good looking."

"No thanks... I guess it's not you then. Sorry I assumed. But you don't happen to know who Cupid is, do you?"

Taehyung and Hoseok both shook their head, and Namjoon stood up to go back to his seat. Jimin followed right away, but Jeongguk stayed back. The brunet looked at him, and saw him staring right back at him.

"Gguk? You coming?"

Jeongguk snapped out of whatever trance he was in and stood up as well, going back to his seat.

"That was a close one." Hoseok said.

"Why are you talking to my cousin Hobi?"

"Hm? Oh no reason..."

"Hobi?"

"I refuse to answer this question."

"Hobi!"