todd anderson

requested by: emptyliz i'm so sorry i took an eternity :(( but i hope you like it. thank u <3

you stared at the mirror, observing how welton's girls uniform looked on you. there were three different types of uniforms. for your first day, you decided to go with a white long sleeve shirt and a pinafore dress upon it. on your feet, black flat shoes.

"are you sure you're not cold?" your mom asked you.

"yes, don't you worry." you said turning to face the woman sitting on the edge of your bed.

"you look lovely, my dear." your mom said and you smiled sitting by her side. 

"thank you, mother." you answered.

"you can still give up, you know that, right?" your mom asked touching your cheeks. "i can go downstairs and talk your father out of it." she said and you chuckled. 

"mom..." you said while hugging her. "you were the one to want me to get an excellent education." you said resting your chin on her shoulders. 

"i know, darling. but why do you need to be so far away? i'll miss you too much." she said. 

"i will miss you too." you said softly.

"it's the middle of the year. do you think you can handle it?" your mom asked seriously, pulling away and you paused for a little while, licking your lips.

"yes!" you answered. "todd will be there." you said and your mom rolled her eyes. 

todd. the dirty blonde guy you've known your whole life. you and him used to be inseparable. to be honest, for some time he was your only friend. as time passed by, you started to hang-out with other people as well, but no one could ever compare to todd anderson. you love him deeply, he's your favorite person in the whole universe, you'd do anything for him. if soulmates do exist, you're sure todd is yours. 

unfortunately, you haven't seen todd since you're fifteen. your father got a job in cambridge and you had to move. he promised that you would come back for holidays, but it never happened. still, every once in a month you and todd exchanged letters, but it wasn't enough, it wasn't detailed, you barely knew what was going on with todd and now you're back in your hometown. 

"todd, todd, todd." she said amusingly making you chuckle.

"i miss him." you said. 

"i know." your mom said. "it's been a while. do you think he's still the same?" she asked.

"we're talking about todd. of course, he's still the same." you replied.

"he knows you're back?" your mom asked. 

"no, it will be a surprise." you said smiling and your mom chuckled.

"are you ready?" your father asked slightly knocking on your door and entering the room. 

"yes. my bags are over there." you pointed.

"you're lucky to still be able to attend welton this year." your father said. 

"we're paying, a lot, for a matter of fact. it's not like it is a scholarship. we shouldn't be that grateful." you said getting up to help the man, receiving a glare in return.

"welton academy is a very serious institution, little lady. indeed, it's not any kind of charity, but there are very strict rules, even if you're paying for it. they only let you in because another girl was expelled." your father said.

"fine, dad." you said nonchalantly grabbing your handbag. "it's time to go." you said looking at your mom.

"unfortunately." she said getting up and kissing your cheek. "take care. and write to me, constantly. i'm sorry i can't go with you." your mom continued while hugging you tightly, and you closed your eyes, enjoying the moment.