Chapter 3

" I'll be back home soon."

He left with his father to head over to the company.

" Mia.." a hand tapped on my shoulder. I turned to find Mrs Kim.

" Don't mind it. I know it might be a little awkward but Tae's dad wants you both to bond real soon." She gave me a smile.

" He is a little more on loyal side of being my husband and he wants Taehyung to be the same so ...." She went on to explain how Mr Kim believes in keeping the fling alive by showering kisses and hugs on her.

" I understand, Mom. " I returned a smile. " I'll head upstairs and sort my things in the closet."

" Oh yeah! Do you want me to help you with that ?" She asked willingly.

" No. I'll do it myself."

On my way to the room, my mind kept on playing that glimpse over and over again. It was true. His eyes looked sincere when I looked in them but I wasn't sure if he really meant those words.

He said it before as well.

I thought it was the truth.

But eventually...

He proved me wrong.

With his bunch of lies.

He lied about everything.

From being the only love of his life...

To be his most beautiful dream.

Everything. Every time. Was. A. Lie.

A freaking lie.

I slammed my door shut in anger.

I jumped on the bed beside him.

He was as always busy with his phone.

" Tae," I whined to catch his attention

" Tae," I whined to catch his attention. He didn't responded.

" Tae !" I snatched the phone from his hand over his lack of attention on me.

" What is it, Mia ?" He sounds tired.

" Do you really have to go ?" I pouted.

" Yes. You know I have to work to pay off my bills."

" So do I. But I wanted to spend this special day with you. Can't you just skip it ?" I tried to persuade him.

" No." He gave me a straight, simple, one-word answer.

" But it's our 3rd anniversary of being a couple." I held on to his arm, shaking it lightly.

" Mia, not now. I have to get ready." He brushes my hands-off as he walks away to change his clothes.