Chapter 11

"Thanks to you. I learnt what love really is."

He said before exiting the room. I sat there in complete blank state. I was trying to interpret his words correctly. Was he just kidding or did I heard it wrong ? I had the clips of memories playing in my head.

When he smiled at me before holding onto my hand for vows.

The tired sigh he gave, when he rested his head on my shoulder.

The time when he stood up for me in front of his friends.

The peck he gave me on my forehead, telling me that he misses me.

When he got hurt in order to save me.

The tears that rolled out of his eyes in order to get me back.

" I'll get you water a little later." He entered the room with a tray. I looked at him as he brought me back from my memories.

" Wait! Why are you crying ?"He said in urgency as he kept the tray on the side table. I never realized my eyes got teary with the memories that I had of him being in love with me. While all I had to offer was regret and pain that I wanted him to feel.

" What happened, Mia ? " he asked me while cupping my face. He looked at me for an answer but I had no answer for him. He slowly let go of my face. The tips of his fingers brushing against my skin. His gaze lowered and left my gaze.

" I'll get you a glass of water," he said as if he tried to run away from the situation. He might've read along those teary eyes of mine that I couldn't tell him in words.

I held his wrist and stopped him. He turned around and looked at me. I muster up all my courage and said with a smile.

"Are you gonna leave again ?"

He looked in my eyes with utter shock. His lips slightly parted if he wanted to say something but he couldn't. He blinks his eyes to take back the tears that threatened to fall. He slowly sits down on the chair.

" Y-You...don't want me..to leave ?" He stutters as his voice gets heavier. I shook my head as ' NO.'

A small happy smile crept on his face and I returned him a smile too. He knew I accepted his hand for friendship which he extended towards me. I might take some time to heal. I might take some time to trust him again. I might take some time to love him again but it would be worth it. Worth each and every second of distance between which will close on it own with the time. We will finally be back together like the old times.

That night, when everyone was getting ready to go to bed. Taehyung and I sat on the bed as he changed my bandage again. The room was growing a bit chilly and lights dimmed in all the four corners.

" You wanna go to the bathroom ?" He asked me as I could only limp so he has to support me a bit.

" No," I said.

" Okay. Go to sleep then." He said keeping aside the first aid box and tucked me in a blanket as I laid down on the bed.

Even though, I knew I wasn't going to sleep because I have insomnia but I could just close my eyes and rest. I heard him walking around the room. After a while, he turned off the lights and laid down next to me. I could hear him release a tired sigh. I knew he was up and wasn't going to sleep anytime soon. I bet he was thinking about today that went by and how we ended up on a good note.

I opened my eyes and looked at him. He was looking at the ceiling but felt my gaze and turned to me.

" What? You aren't asleep yet ?" he asked softly.