Day 7: Tearful Goodbye, Optimistic Futures

A/N: For the last time, please do not leave any sexual/NSFW comments.

Morning came to them like the morning of a teenager who forgot to do their school project last-minute and had to come to class empty-handed.

It was dread. Pure, unfiltered dread.

They would've given anything to have been able to freeze time, to turn back the ticking clocks, turn back the rising sun. They wished that just for an hour, time would freeze, so they could hold onto each other for a little longer. Wished that it would begin to storm and flights would cancel. Wished that they could oversleep and George would miss his flight. Wished that they could just stay in each other's arms for just a while longer, just a little while longer.

But that would be unrealistic. It would be immature and childish.

And so the sun slowly rose, time continued as it inevitably does, and they were woken from gentle and warm slumbers- so safe and warm- by the shrill blaring of Dream's alarm that was set for seven in the morning, and with a groan that was equally tired and pissed off, Dream rolled over and slapped the sleep button before immediately rolling back to his previous position and diving back into George's welcoming arms, squeezing him tighter when George began holding on tighter.

"Screw my flight, I'm staying here," George quietly proclaimed with confidence, earning Dream's forehead to approach his and for them to rest together, both of their eyes shut.

"I wish you could, but you have to go back home," Dream replied, immediately getting a signature groan that toed the line of being a whine in reply from George, Dream feeling the slight vibration of the noise between his shoulder blades from where one of his hands rested.

They fell silent, the comfortable and soft atmosphere lulling them back to sleep. Their breathing slowly began to slow and deepen as they drifted off again, and they were almost back asleep when Dream's alarm went off for the second time, and instead of rolling over like the previous time, Dream began cursing as he ripped the blanket off of him and squirmed out of bed, angrily hitting the clock to turn the alarm off.

"That poor clock was just doing its job, Dream," George sleepily whined, waking up fast as he lifted himself into a sitting position, cracking his knuckles and taking note of his laptop sitting closed near the end of the bed.

"I don't care, I hate it," Dream enunciated, sounding pissed off at the inanimate object.

"Dream..." George began, kicking the blanket off of him and standing, walking around the bed and over to Dream, encasing him in a hug from behind, his arms wrapping around the middle of his stomach. He chose not to continue what he was saying, instead choosing to bury his face in Dream's back, hearing the bass in his voice as he spoke up quietly.

"I just don't want you to be leaving..." Dream's hands came up and covered George's hands, his palms hot to the touch, feeling perfect against George's naturally cold hands.

"I know, and I don't want to leave either," George said, hug tightening. They stood like that for who knows how long, until Dream slowly took ahold of George's hands and unwrapped them from around him.

"We need to get ready," he explained, walking over to his dresser that was beside the bedroom door. "I didn't take a shower last night and I feel nasty, so I'm going to take one real quick."

George spared a glance at his laptop that was still on the bed before looking back to Dream. "Alright, I'll pack then."

"And I'll make sure Sapnap is awake, too."

"Yeah."

And so Dream left the room, and while he entered the guest bedroom to make sure Sapnap was awake, George quickly entered the bathroom and grabbed his toothbrush so he wouldn't forget to pack it.