chapter 7: party time

-your POV-

Now that my designated driver situation was figured out, I ran upstairs to my room and flung the doors to my closet open

Now that my designated driver situation was figured out, I ran upstairs to my room and flung the doors to my closet open. What the fuck am I supposed to wear?! I dug through all of my clothes and tried on a plethora of outfits. I would try an outfit on, like it, look in the mirror for ten seconds, and then absolutely hate it. After half an hour's worth of running around my room, scrambling to find an acceptable outfit, I decided on something. I stood in front of my mirror, ruffled my hair to give it more of a "hot without trying" look. I settled with a cropped baby tee and some high waisted jean shorts (that made my ass look bomb...not gonna lie.) I accessorized and checked myself out one last time. I came downstairs and saw Dad dressed in a nice button up and some slacks. He was adjusting his watch and shaking his leg anxiously.

"Hey Dad, what's got you so dressed up," I asked before downing a cup of water.

"Do I look ok," I gave him a thumbs up, "Well good. I met this woman at the supermarket the other day. We're meeting up for drinks at Skeeter's Bar tonight."

"Nice, Dad! Now, is she your age or am I gonna have to see her face at school on monday?"

"Come on now Y/n. Yes, she's my age." He groaned and got up. He picked up his wallet and keys, "Wish me luck." Dad started to leave.

"Wait," I walked up to the door, "I'm going to my friends house tonight for some get together. Clyde is driving me... so I'll be fine."

Dad kissed the top of my head, "Be safe. Love you."

"Love you too Dad."

A few minutes after dad left, Clyde honked his car horn to let me know that it was time to go. I took one last look at myself in the mirror before heading out.

"Bye Cam, don't do anything stupid."

"Bye Y/n, if you can steal any liquor bottles, please bring me one," Cameron said to me, not looking away from his video game.

The sun was setting when Clyde and I drove to Token's house. We stood at Token's door with two twelve packs of White Claws. The huge door opened and we were greeted with Token and his girlfriend Nichole. Behind them was a house with dim lights, blaring music, and tons of screaming teenagers

"Oh sweetie! Let me take those from you! You're our guest!" Nichole took the Claws from me and set them on the bar where the alcohol resided.

"Thanks Nichole, I'm Y/n by the way. I don't think we've been properly introduced," I said, reaching my hand out to her. Instead of shaking my clammy palms, Nichole pulled me into a tight squeeze.

"Oh don't be so proper! I've heard so much about you from my boyfriend. So glad to finally have met you!" Nichole squeezed my shoulders and started to say something, we were interrupted by Craig pulling me away to the alcohol table.