Part#12

Zipangu, it's a land of thousand lakes, rising sun and beautiful misty mountains. (AKA the NOT Japan of MGE) It would be a perfect place for prosperous country to be in, if not for one thing. As much as humans like this these lands, so do monsters. The dragons of thunder, the Ryu that are regarded as gods in this place have chosen to live here since the dawn of time, and of course when monsters and humans had some *ehem* disagreements, even Ryu sometimes intervened just so lesser beings could stop being noisy, and the amount of bloodshed had attracted the goddess of war herself, Ares (its a cannon goddess btw). Who had chosen this area as her domain. But everything changed after Chief Goddess was cast down from Heaven into the Pandemonium by the Demon Lord Lilith. And when it was her choice to submit, or to be forced to submit to Lilith, she chose to fight, and no matter how much the Demon Lord pleaded her to stop, Ares did not.

Lilith : It's for the greater good and peace of this world!

Ares : Peace? *tilts head*

It was the first time someone has ever heard her speak calmly.

Ares : Then what is the point of my existence as a goddess of war?

She said and proceeded to fight. Lilith had no choice but to shatter her consciousness and bury her body beneath a tallest mountain in Zipangu. (that is definitely not Fuji) From this time, and till now her body is guarded by monsterised minions of Demon Lord. The eldest Kitsune Ancestor Tamano and her clan and a group of Ryu. They had built a giant temple on top of the place where Ares's immortal body was hidden. There she lies still, in silent suffering.
And echoes of her rage were so great that they have turned one of the moons crimson and empower the magic and tools of  Palebloods.

(So in short she is so pissed that the Soul energy that is flowing through her is unaffected by the Demonic energy and she is still able to go against Demon Lords will.)

Arthur : And that's how the Palebloods came to be.

(YN) : I see... But after freeing her, will she be able to resist now that she's got her body back?

Arthur : ... Good question.

Anubis : "Well, when she will be in full power and having a horde of followers behind her back she  probably should be able to resist."

(YN) : "That's not reassuring."

Anubis : "You can never be certain when it comes to Demonic Energy, underestimating it, is a fast route to damnation, not for you but for everyone else, yes."

(YN) sighed, now that they were crossing the ocean, he couldn't help but feel more anxious, as the concentration of Demonic Energy grew stronger and stronger. He looked down at the blue waters of the ocean, they were almost the same as back home, but cleaner. Seagulls flying, dolphins playfully jumping out of the water. It was great, but this beauty was deceiveing. The ocean that was unprotected with blessed imperial magic barriers was just as dangerous as any other Demon Realm. The waters were teeming with many kinds of mamono that were just as eager as mamono on land. And because of a blessing of Poseidon, the goddess of seas you cannot drown. (who is also a female because Kenkou Cross gives no shit about religious cannons) If it wasn't for a deal between Lady Tamano and Poseidon no ships would be able to cross the oceans without being attacked by mamono. So the merchant ships could almost always come to Zipangu safely, almost, because law enforcement is not a usually a thing in demonic realms (exceptions are Zipangu and Kingdom of Sabasa and Polove kingdom) And Poseidon did nothing to prevent this except ordering to not attack merchant ships that were going to Zipangu. And our brave (not really) adventurers were lucky to get on such a vessel. If their captain was saying truth, this ship was almost 50 years old, and aquatic mamono are usually nicer than their land counterparts. (mersharks and charybdi are a different story.)

Suddenly, a fucking whirlpool appears. And the ship is being pulled by it.

(YN) : What the fuck!?

Arthur : Well shit.

Captain : It's a charybdis, shit!

He started to steer the ship away from it, but suddenly (YN) saw a tentacle wrapping around it.

(YN) : Oh no, you won't!

He said as he effortlessly peeled it off the deck while using his body heat to damage it, so it's owner will never set its appendages on a ship again. He did this to the rest of the tentacles that were gripping the ship, but the ship itself was getting closer to the whirlpool. By some miracle, captain managed to get them out. But at the last moment the ship was rocked roughly by the whirlpool and he fell into it. Without a second thought he jumped into it, and found a girl that was seemingly stuck to a barnacle that was cradling the captain. He wanted to take the captain back, but suddenly a tentacle has wrapped around his torso.

(YN) : Well shit.

And he was pulled away from the charybdis. Not being able to grab onto something be helplessly watched as captain was covered in her demonic energy. Then he hit the floor with his his heel breaking it, anchoring himself so he could stand up. He turned around and saw, a kraken. One of the strongest mamono underwater. Her tentacles are strong enought to pull a ship down effectively sinking it. But (YN) didnt stand in place, he caught her off guard by jumping towrds her, unhindered by the resistance of water. She thought that he was charmed by the demonic energy infested waters so she "stood" with open arms. Only to be punched in the gut, with such strenght that she passed out, tumbling on the ocean floor. Then he turned around and jumped towards the whirpool. He rammed through the moving water barrier made by charybdis without much effort. She was almost done undressing him, leaving only his pants on. But when she noticed (YN) she yelped. And (YN) grabbed the captain by his upper arm. But then she shot a stream of demonic energy at them. (YN) was unaffected but captain was thrown into a lust frenzy. (YN) was barely able to restrain him without harming him, but seeing that he wont calm down he slapped him on the side of his head and knocked him out. And then, he spread his arms out, and clapped his hand together with enough forse, knocking her out with the shockwave created. (you know like some use explosives to knock out fish) Then he picked captain up again and jupmed towrds the surface.

Everyone was watching in disbelief as the whirpool dissipated and our automaton jumped out of the water with captain resting on his shoulders.
He did a superhero landing on the deck and put captain down. But then suddenly captain woke up and jumped up. Yep, demonic energy is still in his systems.

Cap : What did you do to her!?

(YN) : She's alive, i didnt even touch her.

Without saying anything he hit (YN), but the automaton didnt feel anything. He was just suprised.

(YN) : Thats how it is huh?

Captain held his wrist clearly in pain.
Then he started to walk towards the railing. (YN) grabbed his hand and threw him overhead, not letting his hand go.

Cap : Let me go you bastard, i want to be reunited with my beloved!

(YN) : Beloved, that creature that has almost crushed this ship and ruined your business and tried to rape you!
You'd call that abomination beloved!?

Cap : You wouldnt understand... Now let me go!

(YN) was livid, Arthur saw his fist curl. He has witnessed (YN)'s terrific strenght on many occasions, and seeing his golden irises glow eeriely made his scared.

Then an older sailor put his hand on (YN)'s shoulder.

??? : Lad, let him go. He is too far gone.

(YN) looked at the older sailor.

(YN) : Thats how it is huh?

He said and threw him overboard. And the rest of the day (YN) was sittin in his and Arthurs room in silence...