Enjoying the chase - Chapter 1

PLEASE READ THIS INFO:

Ok so this story is a side story to Nothing left to lose - you DON'T need to have read Nothing left to lose to be able to enjoy this story as it is completely different from that one!!! The only thing you need to know is that Nate is best friends with Ashton (who is the main guy from Nothing left to lose) and Ashton is married to Anna (who is the Presidents Daughter)

Other than that I hope you enjoy this story - it's a Romance / Humour and is entered into the Watty Awards so any votes /comments /likes /tweets will be awesome - but only if the story deserves it in your opinion!!! 

****** WARNING - DO NOT READ THIS STORY IF YOU ARE STILL READING NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE AS THIS IS THE SEQUEL (KIND OF - WELL IT'S A SPIN OFF) BUT THIS CHAPTER HAS A HUGE SPOLIER FOR NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE AS THIS STARTS AT THE SAME TIME AS THE EPILOGUE!!!!!  *******

............................................................................................................................................................................

Enjoying the Chase

Chapter 1

My cell phone buzzed in my pocket and I glanced at my Captain, wondering what he would do if I looked at my message. It was probably Sarah or Sasha or whatever the girls name was that I was supposed to be taking out tonight. He would be seriously pissed if I got caught checking messages, when I should be listening to his briefing about the raid we were on tomorrow. Screw it, he wouldn’t do anything; I was the best sniper he had so there was no way he would take me off of point for the operation tomorrow.

I shoved my hand in my pocket and pulled out my phone, flicking through and opening a new picture message from my best friend, Ashton. As I opened it I saw a cute little baby, all scrunched up and dirty looking. He had a mess of brown hair and looked like he was crying a little. Holy shit, they did it. Anna had given birth! I grinned and flicked to the next photo, it was Anna holding the baby, the message underneath read;

Anna and baby Cameron, both doing great’

“Shit yeah!” I shouted happily, jumping out of my seat. She did it! I was so pleased for both of them, they’d waited a long time and I know Anna was finding it hard being pregnant; she was terrified of losing the baby. Ashton was too, but I think he was even more worried because he was stressed about losing her as well after what she went through last time when she miscarried and almost died.

“Nate Peters, what the hell do you think you’re doing interrupting my briefing?” Captain Elder shouted angrily, as everyone turned in their seats to look at me.

I swallowed loudly, great another day of paperwork for me! Damn it, I’ve got such a freaking big mouth! Oh well, there’s nothing I can do about it now and happiness was still running though my system at the thought of my best friend being a dad.

“Ashton and Anna had their baby,” I announced, grinning proudly as I held the phone up showing the rest of the team the photo as evidence.

“Yeah? What did they have?” he asked, his face softening.

“Little boy.”

“Well that’s awesome; I take it everything’s fine. The President’s daughter is okay?” Captain Elder asked.