Chapter Thirty-Three: Revelations and Forgiveness

It was quiet in the motel. She ignored Chloe's question about dinner and vanished into the bathroom, taking the necessary precautions to write a devil's trap on the bathroom door for security. This effectively kept Chloe from opening the bathroom door and getting inside where Jess was sitting...in the bathtub.

    Jess had been sitting there for a couple of hours as she waited on her trio to return. The only thing she wanted right now was a hug from Sam and for Castiel to explain what the heck was going on. Why hadn't Chloe been honest in the first place? She couldn't trust her, not until the boys returned.

    "Jessica?" Chloe had been parked on the other side of the bathroom door for who knows how long. Collectively they both knew that Chloe had messed up and both women weren't sure how to fix all this.

    "Jessica...can we talk?" The demon asked and then heard something like a shuffle in the bathroom, moments later the door cracked open and Jess's head poked out.

    "What do you want?"

    "Can we talk...can I explain myself?" Jessica was silent for a beat and then nodded so Chloe began her tale.

    "So you already know I'm a demon. Hmm well, I've been watching you...not in the stalking creepy way. Anyway, the Winchesters are two people of interest to me."

    Jess pushed the door open a bit more as she asked, "Why is that?"

    "Ever since Sam killed big bad Lilith and unleashed Lucifer from his cage, I've been curious about which side he would choose. Heaven or Hell you know, that sort of thing. I didn't want to hurt the brothers or have anything to do with them at all but then feathers showed up–"

    "You mean Castiel?" Chloe nodded at the question and then looked around the room as she continued.

    "He told me that I was destined to help you, that it was some prophecy or something." Jessica moved away from the door and over the threshold to sit beside Chloe.

    "Do you think he's telling the truth? Do you think you're supposed to help us?" Chloe blew air from her mouth to cool her forehead.

    "Honestly, I think my boss is gonna figure out what I'm doing and sic hellhounds on me before the night is up. I didn't kill all of those demons. I'm sure one is reporting me right now!"

    "Your boss would really do that, and your friends–" Chloe interrupted Jess who was kinda confused.

    "They're not my friends or family. They're vile and sick and only do what pleases themselves. Of course, I'm no better. Everyone is picking a side, but me, I'm just tired. I'm tired of all the deals and destruction. I want something more, you know?"

    "Then why did you become a demon?" Chloe rolled her eyes before she replied

    "I didn't become a demon because I wanted to, a deal was made, my soul was bought and I didn't have a say..." Jessica's gaze on the demon intensified.

    "What happened?"

    Chloe shrugged, "There was an accident...a drunk driver... I was brain dead. My brother didn't know what to do. He made a deal with something called a crossroads demon and I woke up in my bedroom. I was completely fine for a month then I died again. Hellhounds tore my brother and me to shreds. We both went to Hell. Aaron is still there I guess in some management position...I haven't seen him in nine years."

    Tears ran down Jess's face she listened to Chloe tell her story. It reminded her of something very similar...something her father had done right after her mother had died.