Chapter Thirty-Eight: Talking it Out

My Bloody Valentine Continued

    Once Dean finally rejoined his brother and Jess, the three of them got to work

    "What does a demon have to do with any of this?" Dean asked Sam.

    "Believe me, I've got no idea."

    The elder Winchester asked his brother if he was alright while watching Jess, who seemed more preoccupied with trying to find something on TV than anything else.

    "Yeah, yeah, I'll be alright."

    "Jess okay?"

    "Yeah," Sam said and nodded vigorously, "Why wouldn't she be?"

    Dean narrowed his eyes and leaned toward the younger Winchester, "Look, I didn't hear your argument, but it sounded pretty heated. Just wanted to make sure that everyone is ready to roll."

    "Yeah... we're okay..."

    "What were you arguing about then?"

    Sam got all defensive and backed slightly away from Dean, "Look, can we not do this now."

    "It's a simple question, dude," Dean stated and shrugged his shoulders. Sam knew if he didn't say something then Jessica would, and he couldn't let that happen. He lowered his tone and made sure Jess wasn't listening.

    "She said my hair looked funny and I was in a bad mood because of this guy. It kinda blew out of proportion. Just shut up about it. I know it was out of line, and I apologized."

    Dean leaned back and thought, because to him it didn't seem like something Jess would say, but it accepted Sam's excuse. "Can't say she's wrong, Sammy, you could use a haircut." He then pulled the briefcase that he'd come in with over to them, "Alright, let's crack her open. What's the worst that could happen?"

    The brothers unlocked the case and as soon as they popped open the lid a bright light escaped, surrounding them all. Castiel appeared in front of Jessica who was still avoiding Sam. She briefly smiled at the angel before he turned around to look at the brothers who were still shielding their eyes from the brightness.

    Dean looked at his brother and then said, "What the heck was that?"

    From behind them came the voice of an angel...Castiel's to be exact.

    "It's a human soul. It's starting to make sense." Said the angel then proceeded to take a bite out of the burger that seemed to appear out of nowhere.

    Jessica eyed the angel for a moment. 'Was that another burger?' She then metaphorically shrugged it off...who was she to judge an angelic man and his food preferences.

    "Now, what about that makes sense?" Sam asked.

    And Dean quickly followed with, "And when did you start eating?"

    Cas walked forward, towards him and continued, "Exactly. My hunger... it's a clue, actually."

    Both brothers, at the exact same time, ask, "For what?"

    Jessica tried to pay attention to the boys but found herself much more interested in staying out of their way as they discussed what was happening. Cas was going on about burgers and his vessel so Jess decided it would be alright to pop out to the vending machine.

    As she grabbed a bag of chips, Chloe appeared out of nowhere.

    "Hey."

    "Chloe. What're you doing here?"