13- The Knock at the Door

I watch as Charlie opens the door revealing a tall and all red fellow. Only to slam it shut. She opens it but once again slams it shut.

"That must be how she greats every powerful demon who comes knocking on the door." I whisper to Angel.

"Hey Vaggie..." Charlie says fear evident in her voice.

"Whaaaaat?" Vaggie responds, clearly fed up with all the bullshit today.

"The radio demon is at the door." Charlie fakes a smile and points to the door. My ears perch up at the mention of the radio demon. I haven't seen that bean pole in years.

"What?!" Vaggie shoots up from her spot.

"The who?" Angel asks. I shot him a 'are you serious' look.

"What should I do?" Charlie asks.

"Well don't let him in!" Vaggie shouts.

Charlie looks from her girlfriend to the door. And I know she's gunna open that door. I just sigh and roll my eyes.

This should be interesting.

She opens the door to see that the radio demon is in fact still standing at the door step.

"May I speak now?" He asks, that familiar staticy voice filling my ears.

"You may." I can tell she's trying to be intimidating but that falls apart when he grabs her arm and pulls her close.

"Alastor, pleasure to meet you sweetheart, quite the pleasure. Excuse my sudden visit but I saw your fiasco on the picture show" he pushes past Charlie and enters the hotel like he's meant to be here. "And I just couldn't resist. What a performance! Why I haven't been that entertained since the stock market crash of 1929!"

My ears perk up at that last statement. That's around the time I lived too!

-flashback-

I'm walking home from a small hunt. The homeless litter the streets. Normal humans would feel pity towards those on the streets but not me. I'm not entirely sure why but I enjoy seeing them suffer.

Not only that but they're easy targets too. No one will care when a certain homeless person when they go missing.

I laugh as I enter my house.

Go after one tonight

"Sure! I could use a little fun."

-flashback end-

I'm pulled from my thoughts to the sound of Vaggie cursing.

I look up to see her holding a spear at Alastor's neck.

Is that just how she greets every powerful demon that walks through the door?

"Dear if I wanted to hurt anyone here..." Alastor's voice becomes greatly distorted as he finishes that statement. "I would have done so already."

My ears flatten against my head and I let out an involuntary whimper. That noise hurts my ears.

"You all right pup titts?" Angel asks when the noise dies down.

The sound is still ringing in my ears. "I'm fine, that just hurt." I say, rubbing my ear.

He pats my shoulder and goes back to sexually sucking the popsicle.

I return my attention to Alastor, Vaggie and Charlie. Alastor is rambling on about how he wants to help. And Charlie looks confused. Vaggie still looks pissed. I myself am confused. Why would he want to help.

I'm caught by surprise when his microphone talks back to him.

Interesting guy.

"Does getting into a fistfight with a reporter count as entertainment?" Charlie asks a nervous smile playing on her face.

What the fuck happened out there?!

I make a mental note to ask her about it later.

I get up to go sit by the front desk and watch all this play out from afar. I summon a bottle of whiskey for me to drink while I watch this go down. Angel and Vaggie go to sit on a couch while Alastor continues to talk to Charlie.

"So uh what's with smiles over there?" Angel asks.

Even though I'm on the other side of the room my ears pick that up and I nearly fall out of my chair.

How the fuck has he not heard of the radio demon before?

I tune out as Vaggie starts explaining Alastor's history to Angel. When she finishes Angel still doesn't look fazed.

"He looks like a strawberry pimp."

I snort with laughter, causing Angel to look over at me. I give him a thumbs up and double over in laughter again. I stop when I feel another pair of eyes on me. I look up to see Alastor watching me from a far. I maintain eye contact until he looks away due to Charlie walking up to him.

"So Al- you're sketchy as fuck,"

I snort again, couldn't have said it better myself.

"And you clearly see what I'm trying to do here as a joke." Charlie turns away from him.

My eyes widen a little as strange voodoo symbols start floating around Alastor, only to disappear when Charlie turns back around.

"But I don't. I think everyone deserves a second chance so I'm taking your offer to help, on the condition that there be no trickster- voodoo- strings- attached." Charlie says.

"So it's a deal then?" Alastor twirls his microphone staff and holds out his hand for Charlie to shake. Green aura pulses around the two, while strong winds blow through the lobby.

Don't do it kid.

She bats his hand away.

Atta girl.

"Nope no deals." She says. She pauses to think for a moment then continues. "As princess of hell and heir to the throne I hereby order you to help with this hotel- for as long as you desire. Sound fair?"

"Hmm fair enough." Alastor says.

My attention is pulled from the scene when Angel sits next to me. I give him a look of 'what has she gotten us into' as I sip my drink.

-•*•-
Date- 7-20-2020
Words- 977

Strange place to stop I know but it was getting long and my fingers hurt.

Cya~