41- Broken

??? POV
I watch as the deer demon stabs that witch. A smile on my face. My plan worked now all he needs to do is finish her off.

She hasn't fought back very much during this fight witch surprised me, thinking back to the power she displayed against the first three overlords.

She had me worried when she took them down with little trouble. But I was worried for nothing seeing her now laying on the ground in a puddle of her own blood as she screams in pain.

The deer raises the staff. I watch carefully.

Finish her!

I wait for the staff to come shooting down. For her screams to end with her dying breath. For her body to still and never move again.

"Sir God wishes to speak with you." A monotone voice speaks up.

My gaze is drawn from the scene for a second. "In a minute."

"Sir he says it's urgent."

I sigh and stand, stretching my wings. "Fine." I exit the my office and head towards God's throne room.

-time skip-

I step through the massive double doors that lead to the throne room. God sits before me on a throne made of glass and clouds.

I nod my head in a small bow like manner. "God. You wished to speak with me."

"Ah Gabriel my son, welcome. Yes I wish to speak to you about your trip to Hell." God says, his warm welcoming smile turning to a more serious one.

"There's a demon in Hell with extraordinary power. She could prove to be a threat to all of us, unless she is killed."

"I see. And this involved you going to Hell why?"

"Well sir I had a plan that would end her and I believe my plan was a success." I explain.

"So she's gone then?"

"I believe so."

"If I might, What was the name of this demon?" God asks, leaning forward in his throne.

"(Y/N). (Y/N) (L/N)." I say.

"Interesting." God rubs his chin in thought. "You are dismissed now Gabriel."

I do a quick bow before departing from the throne room.

Your POV

I'm surrounded by trees. Nothing but trees as far as the eye can see and a cave. A cave opening up the ground. Yawning wide ready to swallow me hole.

I stage to my feet and limp my way towards the cave. I don't know where I am, but I know no one will find me here.

In my palm I create little balls of light that float around like Fire flies. The little lights lead me deeper into the cave until I come upon a huge cavern with a ceiling taller than a castle ballroom. The sound of rushing water echoes throughout the cavern. A small stream runs along the back of the room.

I sit down exhausted. I summon some supplies for my wounds. I clean them with the clear water and bandage them up.

I lay back once I've finished, my eyes immediately close and I'm lost to sleep.

-time skip-

My whole body aches as I wake up. Most of the smaller cuts and bruises have healed. The big gouge across my heart, the stab wound in my gut, and a giant cut on my leg are all that remain.

Slowly I sit up, wincing as pain shoots through my body. I rewrap my wounds and clean them. I wince as I put pressure on my stab wound.

These will definitely leave a scar.

Slowly I pull myself to my feet and using the same little lights as before I start exploring the cave.

The main cavern that I'm in branches out into smaller caverns. Three smaller ones to be exact. In one near the end of the stream there is a pool of water. A deep hole in the rock filled with water, kind of like a natural occurring bath tub. The other two rooms are empty and bare, one being a lot smaller than the other.

I create more of the floating lights and spread them all throughout the cave. The cave lights up with a warm homey glow. Like a thousand fire flies dancing in the dark. My own little night sky full of stars.

I sigh and sit down feeling exhausted. I'm still not fully recovered from the fight. Thinking back to it brings tears to my eyes. The burning hatred in his eyes will forever haunt me. That smile wide with the intent to kill.

He tried to kill me.

Of course he tried to kill you. I tried to warn you.

"But I thought..."

Thought what that he loved you? Love is weak.

I sigh and put my head in my hands. "I don't believe that."

You will. And when you do it'll make you that much stronger.

My shadow vanishes leaving those words ringing in my head. A choked sob escapes my throat as the words get louder.

Love is weak.

He'll kill you

Why would he love you

What makes you think he loved you at all?

I pull my knees to my chest and put my head in my arms trying to block out the words. Tears stream down my face.

My echoing sobs being my only company, a reminder that I'm alone in my own suffering.

"I'm an idiot. A hopeless dreamer." I sob.

My chest shakes as my body is racked with more sobs. I feel like my heart has been shattered into a million pieces, never to be rebuilt.

Is this what love does to you? Build you up on all these false fantasies and childish dreams. Then come crashing down, shattering you into millions of pieces.

I tried to tell you love makes you weak. It makes you sentimental. Clouds your judgment and breaks you in the end.

Why does it hurt so much?

I hug myself tight as my sobs start to quiet, but the tears never stop flowing.

Will this pain ever go away?

-•*•-
Date- 8-30-2020
Words- 1021

This chapter was a little sad but that was the point I guess.

Cya~