~Prologue~

Birds chirped happily, flying over the vast waters of the ocean. Porpoises had no care in the world as they swam about, emerging from the dense fog and disappearing again under the crystal like waters.

The water smacked against the wood of the ship that appeared through the fog. It crashed through the waves, rising, but falling steadily over the waves.

Sailors worked hard in the early beating sunlight, having wind rush up against them. The boat rocked, sending buckets sliding slightly to the sides. The men sang their tune, happy to be in their kind of element.

"I'll tell you a tale of the bottomless blue and it's hey to the starboard, heave ho~! Look out lad, a mermaid be waitin' for you, in the mysterious fathoms below."

Keith hung onto a string of rope, breathing in the fresh air as the wind blew through his hair, "Isn't this great? The salty sea air, the wind blowing in your face. A perfect day to be out at sea!"

Shiro leaned over the side of the boat, looking a little green, "Yep. Delightful."

"A fine strong wind and a following sea." A sailor pointed out as he tied some rope around a peg, Keith going to help him. "King Alfor is in a friendly-type mood today."

"King Alfor?" Keith asked, his eyebrows raised.

"The ruler of the merpeople, lad!" Another sailor exclaimed. "Very well known to the good sailors out yonder."

Shiro grumbled, rolling his eyes, "Merpeople. Keith, pay no attention to this nautical nonsense."

The same sailor furrowed his eyebrows, waving a fish in his face, "But it ain't nonsense, no! It the truth! I'm tellin' you, down in the deep depths of the ocean they live." The fish flopped out of his hands, hitting Shiro in the face before falling back into the ocean.

"In the mysterious fathoms below!"

The fish that had just plopped into the ocean sighed, swimming off deeper into the waters. Many other fish, both big and small, colorful and dull, swam around. Anemones bloomed and grew, the color of the coral looking to be brighter than in the night.

This is 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖎𝖙𝖙𝖑𝖊 𝕸𝖊𝖗𝖒𝖆𝖎𝖉.