Chapter 9

Life is over now. She avenged her father's death and now the police is on to her. She was not dumb enough not to notice that John, Oh dear John is gradually turning away from her. Does he know? Oh how he loved her. She, not really. Her heart was black, so black all it ever wanted was to get rid of Dr. Grey. It was consumed with vengeance and hatred. She became miserable after her father's death. The only man she loved so much, her father. No gone, so sudden and so soon. She was not able to make him happy, proud and overjoyed of her future accomplishments. She was not able to say good bye.

It was three in the afternoon, Cherry asked Andrea to mail a letter. The letter, she said contained something very private and important which was to be sent immediately. After Andrea left the house, only Cherry and Lauren were there. Lauren was still pretending to be insane and of course, everyone was oblivious to it.

"What is that, Lauren?" Cherry asked, looking at Lauren's doll.

"My baby."

"What's his name?"

"Charlie."

"What a nice name. You must've missed him alot."

"Yes, Lauren does miss him." Lauren said, looking at Cherry.

Cherry did not say anything. She walked towards the kitchen and started opening the cabinets. Then she found what she was looking for. She walked back into the room. She stood and smiled at Lauren, one hand behind her back.

"You won't miss him anymore." Cherry said, still smiling.

"What's that?" Lauren asked, standing up.

"I am doing you a favor, Lauren dear. In a few more moments, you will be reunited with your son!"

"What the hell are you talking about, Cherry?"

Cherry was stunned at Lauren's addressing of her. She immediately went out as Lauren tried and failed to grasp her.

Cherry reached for the door and locked it.

"Hey, open this door, you bitch!"

"Lauren, you shouldn't use profanity. Who taught you such words?" Cherry said, behind the door.

"Damn you! Open this, you murderer!"

Cherry stared at the door and took the matchbox from her hand and lit a match.

"Oh Lauren, I don't know how you knew but it's a good thing you're going to die now."

"Open this door now!" Lauren demanded, trying to knock the door down.

Cherry laughed and set fire to the door. She went downstairs and threw the match on the curtains to start a bigger fire.

Cherry went out the burning house. She glanced at the house one last time then she went inside her car and drove away.

Lauren was starting to feel difficulty in breathing, she knew the fire was spreading. It was all Cherry's fault. Damn that woman, she is absolutely nuts.

Lauren broke the window glass in order to escape, after breaking, she climbed her way out. Then she jumped to the ground. Hurting herself, she crawled to the bushes and absently stared at the burning house. This house, was now burning infront of her eyes. She cried, not because of the pain, but because of the memories, so bittersweet. And for her father and her son.

In her surprise, the back door of the house fell, there was a large person coming out, no, it was two! A large man and a small man. It was blurry and Lauren was too dizzy to see it clearly. It was coming near, closer to her and she can see their feet. The bigger man held her face as she looked up. It was her father! The smaller man hugged her. It was her son! Lauren started sobbing as both persons started to disappear.

"Good bye."

Lauren heard their faint good bye as she raised her arms to where the two persons were.

"Good bye." She said.