20. I AGREE TO DISAGREE.

Alex's POV:

"Rooftop," I say in a hurried tone. Without wasting a second, we rush through the corridor towards the rooftop.

I hear another blast that is almost ten times worse than the earlier one. We quickly rush towards the edge of the rooftop. I see Ben shoot zip line launcher.

I see eighteen get hold of the wire and set herself ready for swinging. Everything was fine until I notice something was missing. My eyes widen in realization.

Her bracelet.

Where in the world did she loose it? My eyes meet her to see worry flashing in her eyes. I tried my best to smile reassuringly.

"Go, I am right behind you," I lie. No way I am leaving without the bracelet that means everything to her.

As she swings in the air, I don't waste a minute and rush back to the way we came. I remember seeing it in her hand when we were in the cabin. So, this concludes that either the bracelet is on the roof or in the corridor.

"Alex?" I hear eighteen say. "Where is he?" she asks. I assume she is asking Ben. I don't hear the rest of the conversation as I rummage for the bracelet.

My eyes combed the roof in search of it. There was another blast and I was almost knocked out of my feet. In the process of keeping myself steady, I lost my comms too.

I turn the other way to run back to the corridor, but I found a silver shining five feet from me. I sigh in relief.

Just as I was about to make a run for it, there was a huge blast and the roof cracks. Suddenly, I feel the roof fall out from under me.

I let out a startled shout as I reach my hand up to hold on to the metal beam. I can easily climb back up but there was one problem.

The bracelet fell down through the crack of the roof to the floor. I close my eyes tightly and let out a sigh.

"Here goes nothing," I say and let go of my hand.

I land on my back with my head bouncing as it made contact with the ground. I clench my teeth against the pain and open my eyes to see dilapidated building and raging fire everywhere. I quickly get back on my feet not bothering about the surrounding and get hold of the bracelet and place it in my pocket.

Now, a question arises on my mind.

How in the world do I get outta here?

I spin in circle in search of anything that can possibly help me get out of here, but I don't find any except one.

The window.

If a person hears my escape plan will for sure question my sanity but what else can I do? Take an elevator?

I take in a deep breath and let it out. I close my eyes position myself in a running stance with my shoulders back and hands clenched.

I open my eyes with a fiery determination and dash forward towards the window. I break the window with glass flying everywhere. I bring my arm up and click to activate the wrist grappling hook. The wire springs up and secure itself against the building in front of me with the hook.

I swing in the air and smash the window in front and land unceremoniously on the ground.

I roll on my back and wrap my hands around my side. I clench my teeth to hide my obvious pain. I hear thudding footsteps approaching me. I place my hand on the chair slowly and shakily get back on my feet. I lift my head up to see eighteen and Ben rushing towards me. A look of relief crosses her face but all of a sudden her face morphs into another emotion, pure anger.

"Are you crazy?" she asks. Anger and frustration coating her voice.

"Eighteen, I umm-" I stutter.

"Don't eighteen me Alex. Were you out of your mind? What were you thinking? You could have died today," she shouts with tears brimming in her eyes.

"Eighteen, I am fine."

"I am not. You scared me to death. Why would you do that? Do you have a death wish?" she questions.

I stay quiet turning my gaze to the floor. How do I tell her?

"Tell me damn you?! Why did you do that?" she yells.

I let out a deep breath and open my palm. She sucks in a sharp breath.

She looks at me then back at my palm.

"M-My bracelet," she says in a weak voice.

"I think it slipped out of your hand while we were rushing out. I noticed while you were swinging through the zip line," I say.

"You didn't have to do that," she says quietly with her anger completely drained off.

"I agree to disagree," I say and grab hold of her hand to clasp the bracelet around her wrist. She looks at it for few minutes then looks back at me.

"You mean a lot to me. I lost one and I don't prefer to lose you too," her tone completely grief-stricken.

Before I could say her that I am not leaving, Ben speaks up.

"Hey, what about me?" Ben pouts like a child asking for a candy.

"What about you?" she asks.

"Don't you care for me?"

"I'll throw you into the incinerator for all I care Ben," she jokes.

"Rude," he says with his arms folded.

"Alex? Are you okay?" I see Meghan rush forward. I nod my head in return.

"Why didn't you leave with eighteen?" she quizzes.

"Umm, the wire detached before I could swing," I lie as I can't explain Meghan about Eighteen's past. It's her story to tell, not mine.

We walk back towards the van to see Noah smiling smugly.

"So you two back in one piece?" he jeers.

Eighteen moves forward with deadly gleam in her eyes as if to rip off his throat. I grab hold of her hand halting her tracks.

"Leave it alone Eighteen. We will take care of him later," I say.

She glares for few more seconds which makes Noah shift uncomfortably on his seat due to fear. She gets into the driver seat without another word.

I buckle up and rest my head against the seat. It's going to be a long day, not because I am injured, no, it's because Ben is begging eighteen to let him interrogate Noah. And the worst part, he is winning.