32. PARTNER IN CRIME.

Eighteen's POV:

"Where is Antonio?"

"At the agency. Prisoner's cell. Why?" he asked.

"Decided to pay a visit," I informed gruffly. I looked over his shoulder to the hallway which leads to Ben's room. He looks where I am looking and....

"He's asleep. You can meet him," chief states. "I have to make some calls. I'll join later," he says and leaves me alone gaping at his behavior. This was the first time he was being civil to me after a long time.

I let out a heavy sigh and start walking towards Ben's room. My eyebrows kitted together when I noticed forty seven was nowhere in sight. Where did he go?

I grab hold of my gun and inch slowly towards the door. I kicked open the door with my gun held tightly pointing front to see Gwen lift her hand up in surrender.

"What are you doing here?" I ask as I place the gun on the table. "Oh thank goodness it's you," she sighs in relief. "I was bored. Decided to check on my partner in crime," she shrugs her shoulders. She takes her seat beside Ben and picks up her marker and starts sketching on his cast. I glance at Ben to see him sleeping peacefully. I look back at Gwen to see her solely focused on her sketch.

"I remember chief asked you to leave back to the agency," I say with my hands crossed.

"Eh... Who cares about the orders of that old man," she states bravely as I raise my eyebrow in return.

"You know...I met him on my way here. He said he will be here soon to meet Ben."

"What?! Oh no. He would most definitely skin me alive if he knew I didn't leave. What do I do?" she says and paces in front of the bed.

I hear thudding footsteps approach us. Gwen quickly grabs Ben's duvet and wraps around her whole self and backs against the white wall hoping she could disappear.

"Are you sure it's gonna work?" I ask as she looks at me with uncertainty. I shake my head at her antics. I hear the footsteps a lot louder than before.

"Hide under the bed," I suggest as Gwen throws the duvet on the floor and hides safely under the bed as the door swings open.

I see chief standing in front of me, all calm and composed as usual. He notices the crumbled duvet and looks at me to explain.

"Umm...There was a spider on the duvet so I...threw it down," I hope he buys my lie. He nods his head and walks towards the bed.

"How's Ben?" he questions as he stands at the end of the bed.

"He looks fine."

"And how is the spider?" he says and ducks down to see Gwen. She lets out a screech and bumps her head. She rubs the injured part and slowly gets out of her position to get back on her feet.

"Hey old-umm-chief," she smiles at him.

"Agent fifty. What are you doing here?"

"I was uh-was searching for umm-pendant...yeah my pendant. I lost it."

"Really? Did you find it?" chief asks in monotone.

"Nope...Maybe it's...," she pats her pocket and smiles, "Oh...It's in my pocket. Silly me," she shrugs laughing nervously. "Okay. See you later, chief," she salutes and runs outta the room.

I shake my head and turn back towards Ben. Chief stands right beside me. I keep looking at him as his chest raises and falls rhythmically.

"Why do you want to visit Antonio?" chief queried after few minutes.

We..... We've been.... Compromised.

I almost forgot why I came in search of chief. I turn swiftly to leave the room but chief stops me.

"Why?" he asks staring at me. I stare back matching him.

"We have been compromised," I announce. His eyes widen in surprise then shock as it soon followed by anger.

I let him know because I trust him. Though I hate him by every cell of mine, I still trust him. Back stabbing or deceiving isn't in his blood.

"Who's the traitor?" he fumed. His eyes turning darker as he clenched his fist. I shake my head dejectedly.

"I don't know. But I am gonna figure out soon," I say with my unwavering stare. He nods his head at my determination.

As a flick of the switch, I strode out of the room towards my car. I buckled in and stepped on the gas. Ignoring all speed limits, I drove towards my destination.