Chapter 15

He was simply staggered by this name Motoki just had called him.

Mamoru would had expected him to say everything else in the world but how could he know about his former life? He had never told him, particularly not in this time since he had even known himself about being the prince of Earth before the Holy Silver Crystal was back in place, glued together by a call out of the Moon Princess' tear.

Both men were facing each other and Mamoru was sort of a little bit lost concerning what to do next. Finally he snapped back and replied to his best friend who had frozen in his current position, his arms still stretched out.

"So, how do you know this name?"

Motoki rolled his eyes and took a deep breath until he locked eyes again with the tall man and declared

"You don't have any clue, do you?" With a critical look at his green jacket, he continued "you cannot come from that far future since you still stick to this ugly green thing. Seriously, Mamoru, will you ever get rid of this piece of clothes?!"

Mamoru decided to ignore this snide remark and looked his friends deep into his eyes.

"Even from where I come from I cannot remember you being aware of who I really am. I mean, was...or rather will be...damn it, Motoki, that's really no one of your business. You aren't supposed to know...this is quite dangerous for...-"

He was cut off by the blonde who ended his sentence, having an unreadable expression on his face.

"Someone like me who doesn't own any magical powers?"

He raised an eyebrow to the raven haired man and said

"You might be right but so far I made my way pretty good by knowing absolutely everything about you and the sailor scouts since...we share the same past."

His eyes were kind of begging when he confessed to his best friend.

"You remember the feeling that you always rather thought of me being more than a friend to you? Well, I am indeed related since I used to be Epeios...your brother!"

Somewhere in a corner of Mamoru's mind, something made 'click'.

"It can't be...does it mean...?"

Motoki's face turned into a deep grin now.

"So you do remember my face now?!"

The penny finally dropped. How could he have forgotten about his little brother Epeios back in the good old days of the Silver Millenium.

Ever since Mamoru started remembering his former life on this planet, it had rather been fragments, mainly concentrated on the last days of the Moon Kingdom.

His first flashback he got when the Holy Silver Crystal was back in place...but it was only a sequence, filled up with memories of Serenity and him.

The second time Mamoru was confronted with his past self Endymion was when Helios guided him to Elysion. That wasn't that long ago, when they fought against Nehelenia and he nearly died.

So, never he really thought about anything else from this past life and internally regretted it once he had found his sort of new family member with Motoki.

With a sly smile on his lips, he replied to Motoki.

"I'm really sorry that it took me so long to remember...but why did you never say anything to me once I remembered my past life?"

"Oh, won't I?" Motoki tilted his head to the side and put on a mischievous grin.

"Well, it looks as if we came along quite well with each other without those old stories."