afterstory (1/4)

check the photo above to see
emi's character profile <3

- - - - - - - - - -

"OMI, I MISS YOU," Emi whispers on her phone as she stares at the white ceiling. She taps on the send button on her screen and quickly tosses her phone to her side. She's still in her work clothes, which she knows would anger, no, rage, Sakusa.

Well, only if he's there.

As a matter of fact, as she turns to her side, all she sees is an empty space. The other half of it, the part Sakusa always laid on, remains unoccupied.

"I planned to change the sheets today anyway, he won't find out," she says, sighing.

She lazily grabs her phone and presses on the power button to see her lockscreen. A photo of her and Sakusa after he proposed.

"You propose to me then 3 weeks later you go to Taiwan for a game," she rants.

She hears a few subtle noises coming nearby and she sits up to see. "Oh, hi there, Kiki," she greets the rabbit. Sakusa would also be so furiated if he sees their pet rabbit wandering around the "clean" carpets.

"You miss Omi too?" she chuckles.

Reluctantly, after a few more minutes of mopping around, she finally gets up to do her last chore of the day, changing the bed sheets. She knows she should've done this earlier this morning but she ran late for work.

"Meanie Omi, leaving all the household chores to me for 4 days," she whines, removing the sheets. "I do the cooking, I do the cleaning," she adds.

She dumps the sheets plus the pillow cases in a large basket, leaving the actual washing for later. Time to replace the sheets with new ones first.

"WELL SOMEONE'S NEEDY," Sakusa sighs as he listens to her spam of voice messages. "Omi omi, when are you going home? Our kiki misses you," one of the clips replay.

"Omi-san, where are you going?" Hinata's voices grabs his attention, making him pause his listening.

"What?"

"We're going to eat yakiniku,"

"Oh, what?"

"Dinner, Omi Omi," Atsumu explains, wondering why Sakusa's absent-minded.

"His treat, remember?" Bokuto adds with a smile, "Let's go, I missed yakiniku!"

"Yeah, my treat. I loss a bet with this guy," Atsumu confirms, sighing.

"But the others already went home," Sakusa says.

"Do you need to go home now?" Bokuto wonders, raising a brow.

Sakusa pauses, thinking of Emi or free yakiniku. "Well? Is your wife calling you or something, Omi-san?" Hinata asks. Their coach went straight home because of the same reason.

"We'll take that as a yes," Atsumu says, a little glad he had to spend on less people now.

"She's not my wife," he corrects them with a very subtle, almost unnoticable smile.

"Yet! Remember to invite us in the wedding," Bokuto adds.

"We don't even have a date yet," Sakusa sighs.

"Wait, who's gonna be the best man?!" Hinata exclaims, equally as excited as his seniors.

"Is it Komori-san?" the youngest guesses.

"If not, it can be me!" Bokuto volunteers.

"Geez, you're more excited than me, the actual groom." Sakusa shakes his head, then feels another buzz on his phone.

"Omi, please come home," he reads. It's Emi, as expected.

"I have to go now," Sakusa bids them farewell, "Good bye."

"Bye bye! See ya!"

"See you, Omi-san!"

Meanwhile, in their shared apartment, Emi's still mopping around as she washes the sheets. "He said he's gonna be in Tokyo by 7PM but he hasn't messaged me at all," she sighs.

"I even bought dinner," she continues, "I guess I'll just eat them both and get fa-"

Her train of thought is interrupted by the sudden knocks on the door. "O-Omi?!" she exclaims, quickly stopping her chore.

She pats her hands on her clothes to instantly dry them, a practice she knows he'd also be cringing from, and she dashes to the door.

"Omi?!" she says as she swings the door open.

"Nope, it's me, Motoya, sorry," Komori chuckles, seeing her excitement quickly turn to disappointment in just a matter of seconds.

"O-Oh! Komori-kun," she mumbles, unable to hide the dismay. She isn't even trying. "What brings you here?" she asks.

"Yume-chan left her purse here so she asked me to pick it up," he explains.

"Oh."

"Also, you gotta stop calling me Komori, we're gonna be in-laws, you know!" he tells her.

"Sorry! I can't help it. I'm so used to Komori-kun," she apologizes.

"Anyway, she chatted me about it too so I have it with me," she adds then goes near one of the drawers.

"Wow, that's one big poster," he comments, looking at the large picture of Sakusa hanging on the wall. It's a MSBY poster.

"Yeah, I love it! He looks so dreamy and handsome," she agrees then hands him back the purse.

"Oh, thanks! Yume cried about losing it. Luckily, it's just here."

"You're welcome. Say hi to Yume for me!" she says before he takes his leave.

"Oh? Motoya?" Emi hears a familiar voice just as she's about to close the door.

"Oh! Kiyoomi!" he exclaims.

"What are you doing outside my apartment?" Sakusa asks, strangely a little suspicious.

"I got Yume-chan's purse. She left it here when she came over yesterday," he explains.

"She came over?" he gasps. He hates having guests.

"Omi!" Emi's voice echoed throughout the hallway. Barefoot, she rushes to him and tackles him for an embrace.

"Omi! You're back! I missed you so much!" she tells him, burying her head on his neck.

"Well, see you in the wedding," Komori teases, looking at how sweet and clingy Emi still is even after years.

"Omi, why didn't you even give me a call when you landed? I missed you so," she cries out, tightening her embrace.

Sakusa loses his grip on the handle of his luggage to return the hug, and he wraps his arms around her.

"Emi, I missed you too," he whispers on her ear, snuggling her, "I always watched the japanese morning news there."

"The four days felt like a whole month," she adds.

"Did you have a bad day at work?" he asks, noticing that she's thrice as clingy as she usually is.

"No, I just missed my handsome fiancé," she denies then lets go of the hug to properly face him.

"Let's go home," he says with a smile, nodding at the apartment door which she left open.

"Mhmm," she humms before giving him a kiss on the forehead, near his moles. "This is home, Omi."

part two tomorrow!