Oh, I don't love you; I'm in love with your car. Or is it the other way round? 6

Chapter 6  

(It skips forward a few weeks)

December 15th. The Christmas Disco was in two days, as well as Joe’s birthday.

Carter, Darren and Ben went home for the holidays. Fiona came over a few times and our friendship was stronger than ever. She was also great friends with everyone in my dorm. I caught Zara Mitchell cheating on Joe a few times, and vice versa.

I was on the badminton, swimming and basketball team. It was great, and also in the band. We were wonderful, and I could see their enthusiasm.

Everyone at school was nice to me. Loads of boys hit on me, but what to do about that? My grades were good, and I called Molly and Kristy and Kevin at home regularly. We had been out shopping loads of times and I was having lots of fun.

In ten minutes we were leaving for a shopping trip. That’s just me, Fiona and Michael. Carter, Ben and Darren had already left this morning, missing school. Joe was with Zara (I think), and our main objective was to find presents for everybody, and birthday presents for Joe. I gave Carter a signed football, Ben a new book he wanted and Darren an awesome t-shirt this morning before they left.

I waited in the reception with Michael while Fiona got her purse from her room. There weren’t a lot of people around. I suppose loads of people went home. Finally, she emerged out of the elevator and we set off. We were taking the bus. At the bus stop, I made a decision.

“So…you like Shawn, huh?” I asked, turning away from her and pretending to be looking up and down the street. She didn’t buy it, and scowled.

“What gave you that idea?” she shrieked angrily.

Michael chuckled. “You like Shawn, huh?” he repeated my words. “That’s alright, sweetie. We won’t tell him. Although we do need to find you some beautiful outfits to lure him in!” he clapped his hands as we climbed on the bus and sat on seats at the back.

“But-what-no-I don’t- how-…” she spluttered helplessly.

“Oh please,” I said, waving her hands away and rolling my eyes. “That is so not going to work.” Then I realised what I was saying and in which tone. “God, now I sound like Selena Gomez or Demi Lovato in Wizards of Waverly Place or Sonny with a Chance. Hey, you guys, did you see the So Random Holiday special? And the new programme is so funny- Pair of Kings, I think it’s called, yeah it is…”

“Shut up, Taylor. Watch something other than Disney Channel.” Fiona shook her head. “Ok, ok, it might be a little crush. He’s so cute…”

This continued for the rest of the journey. I got irritated and stared out the window. After about ten minutes we arrived at the main street, and we got off. It was really crowded, and full of people doing Christmas shopping.

“Hey, why don’t we get each other’s presents first? Let’s spilt up, and then get Joe’s present together. We can other people’s presents now too. I need to get you two, Joe, Shawn, Brian and Aiden presents.” I suggested, shrugging.

“Yeah, you’re right. I need to get you two, Joe, Shawn, Brian and Aiden presents too. We’re all great friends, aren’t we?” agreed Fiona enthusiastically.

We split up and I headed down to Fiona's favourite clothes shop. I bought her this cute locket necklace which said ‘you’ve got someone’s shoulder to lean on’; a pink t-shirt which read ‘That’s Miss Cutie to you’ and a black hoodie which said in big white letters ‘I taught your boyfriend all the things that you like ;D…’.