Oh, I don't love you; I'm in love with your car. Or is it the other way round?10

Chapter 10

On the way there, I fiddled with my silver hairband, tugged at my dress, worried if I looked too slutty with the long leather gloves and fishnet socks and brushed my fingers through my silky hair. Fiona said I looked beautiful when we arrived backstage. The teachers were setting out the drinks and chairs round the side. I applied strawberry lip gloss and pushed open the door. Shawn, Brian, Aiden and Joe were talking with guitars slung round their necks and Shawn sitting at his drum.

They were all wearing black trousers, black shoes and shiny red shirts, leaving the two top buttons undone, and with their sleeves rolled up. All of them stared at me and Fiona as we walked in and shut the door. No one could see us because the room was not connected to the stage. It was its own building.

I felt self-conscious and I wondered if the dress, which just about covered my butt, was too short, or too low that my chest popped out. My hairband was the kind that went completely round your head, and was silver, and I had left my fringe out and my hair down. Why did they all have to be so tall? I was wearing three inch heeled black slingbacks and they were still a bit taller than me. But Shawn grinned at me.

“You look great, Tay.” Then his gaze slid to Fiona and she blushed. “So do you, Fiona.” His tone softened slightly. Fee’s cheeks turned crimson.

I looked up and gazed into icy blue eyes which made me shiver even though it wasn’t cold inside. His eyes dropped and I wondered again if the dress was too tight (it was) and showed off my figure (it did). His eyes met mine again, and I wish I’d put on just a bit more than lip gloss like mascara and eyeliner, but he grinned and his dimples made him look so cute!

“You look beautiful, Taylor.” Joe murmured, stepping closer so our chests were almost touching. I only came up to his nose, and I stared in wonder at his freckles.

“Thanks, Joe.” I breathed, and stepped away before I could be lost in his scent of…vanilla and…roses? My favourite scents! How strange…did he borrow my perfumes or something?

Aiden cleared his throat and kept his eyes on Fiona. His cheeks were almost the same colour as his shirt. Brian was simply playing a few chords on his guitar, unfazed.

“We should practice…” he muttered, lifting his guitar up and looking at each of us in turn.

“Yeah, but Fiona, can I talk to you outside for a minute?” asked Aiden, eyeing Fee with a slight gleam in his eyes. Shawn glared at Aiden as Fiona nodded and followed him outside the door.

Once they were outside, we heard a click, and someone laughing while someone whimpered, outside. I worried instantly, and ran to the door, trying the handle.

Aiden had locked us in the room.

I shrieked insults at him, and the boys sprinted to my side and began to knock the door down. Brian wasn’t much help because he was skinny, so he stood at the side with me, yelling. Shawn and Joe used their shoulders to barge the door, but boy, was it sturdy or what! We heard laughing and screaming on the other side.

“Fiona, Aiden, what are you doing?” yelled Brian.

“Aiden, let her go!” bellowed Shawn furiously. His face was completely red.

“Don’t touch her!” shouted Joe, his face flushed with the effort of hitting the door.

Finally, the door fell down and we rushed out, me in front. Frantically, I searched for long black hair, or pale white skin. I couldn’t see anything but trees as we were in the woods behind the building, but I heard screaming echoing from my left, so I sprinted in that direction.