⁰²stoners & burnouts

chapter two 
❝ alright danny zuko 

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"I'M COMING OUT," RORY ANNOUNCED when she walked into the kitchen.

Aries looked up at her from the kitchen table where she was doing her homework, but Lorelai just stayed looking down at her books or whatever she was doing.

"Aww, I'm so happy for you," Aries said, going up to hug Rory. "Now we can finally be together."

Lorelai chuckled and Rory gave her an amused look before sidestepping her hug and walking over to take a seat at the table.

"Not like that," Rory said. "I'm coming out to society."

"Well that's boring," Aries said as she walked over and leaned against the kitchen counter.

"What are you talking about?" Lorelai asked.

"I went to grandma's house after school," Rory started.

"Okay, right away, bad."

Aries watched as the Gilmores discussed the whole debutante ball situation and when they stood up and started to argue, she decided that it was her time to leave. Swinging her backpack over her shoulder, she quietly left through the back door and walked over to Luke's.

Minding her own business, she hummed quietly as she walked along the sidewalk.

"Aries!" a loud yell came from across the street.

The familiar voice jerked Aries out of her thoughts and her eyes snapped to the source, making eye contact with one of her best friends.

The two both ran into the street and Aries was about to hug her when she noticed the huge splotch of mud on her jersey.

"Briar!" Aries exclaimed, making dramatic hand motions. "What's up with uhh . . ."

She gestured towards the mud on her chest and Briar looked down and crinkled her nose.

"Oh, this was from soccer practice. Rebecca pushed me into the mud again," Briar answered with disdain. "And she claimed it was an "accident" so Coach wouldn't punish her."

They quickly hurried off the street as a car was coming in their direction and resumed their walk to Luke's.

"She still hates you?" Aries asked.

Briar shrugged. "To be fair, I did call her a bitch, but that was only because she "accidentally" knocked over my water bottle and all the water spilled out."

"What's her problem?"

"I know right," Briar said and slung her arm around Aries's shoulder. "So, when were you gonna tell me you were back?"

"I just got back. Besides, I didn't see you all day," Aries added.

"If I knew you were gonna be there, I wouldn't have cut."

"You cut school but still went to soccer practice?"

"It's called prioritizing."

"Right."

Briar shrugged and the two entered the diner. It was significantly less crowded than in the morning and she made her way to the storage closet. Briar didn't work there and wasn't allowed in there, but she probably didn't care.