¹⁰bidding war

chapter ten 」
❝ you asshole! you actually have feelings! 

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"YOU'RE COMING WITH US," Lorelai said as she dragged Aries out of the diner.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no," Aries protested. "I'm not going to the basket auction."

"Oh, why not? It'll be fun," Rory added. "We've always gone to these."

"Yes, but now I'm avoiding Taylor."

"You can't avoid him forever," the younger Gilmore said.

Aries clicked her tongue. "Actually, I've been doing pretty well and I have a foolproof plan."

"You mean hiding or running away every time he's near?" Lorelai chimed in.

"Yes! And it's working," Aries answered. She looked down at their baskets and saw Rory and Lorelai both holding two baskets in their hands. Skeptically, she asked, "Why do you guys both have two baskets?"

Rory held up the bigger one and said, "This one's for Lane."

"And this one's for you," Lorelai said, holding up a small, plain basket.

Aries opened her mouth in shock. "What? No! You can't do that."

"Too late, you're coming with us," Lorelai said.

"Fine," she grumbled and reluctantly walked over to the park with them.

They went to hide Lane's basket at Miss Patty's and they made their way over to the park where the Gilmores brought up their baskets and Aries hid in the crowd.

Soon the bidding started and it was Lane's turn; Rory and Lorelai had already explained Lane's basket plan to Aries.

"Now the next basket I have here is a lovely green wicker number that would be a charming addition to any room once the lunch is gone," Taylor announced. "Now let's start the bidding at five dollars. Do I hear five?"

"Five dollars," a guy said. Aries knew he had to be a relative of the Kims or else Ms. Kim would be fuming.

"Okay, I have five dollars. Do I hear ten?"

"Ten dollars," Kirk said, raising his hands. Once the Kims sent him a glare he raised his hand again and said, "Withdrawn."

"Okay, I'm still at five, do I hear ten?" There was silence as Ms. Kim glared at the boys' side, practically daring them to bid. "Five going once, five going twice . . . Sold to the young man for five dollars."

With the bang of the gavel, Lane and her fake date walked up to the gazebo and took the basket.

"Now this one may not look like much, but remember people, good things come in small packages," Taylor said as the woman behind him picked up a small basket.

"Mine," Rory said happily.

"Cute," Aries commented.

"Nice," Lorelai added. "How badly does he want to be hosting a game show?"

"He can taste it."

"Let's start the bidding at ... three dollars!" Taylor announced.

"Hey!" Rory pouted.

"Five dollars!" Dean announced, making his girlfriend smile.

"How very smooth of him," Aries commented, nodding in respect.