Bonus: Angel

Alexander's POV

I walked into our room and saw Vita staring out the window, looking up at the darkened sky.

"Angel?"

I went towards her and slipped my arms around her waist, then tugged her firmly within my hold, pressing my chest against her back. I laid my cheek against the crown of her head and looked towards what she seemed to be looking at in the horizon.

Vita relaxed in my embrace and sighed. "You took tomorrow off, right?"

"I did."

"Okay."

"What's wrong?" I asked with a slight frown on my face. She hasn't been acting like herself lately.

"Nothing."

I turned her around so that I could see her face.

"We're going somewhere tomorrow, it's a surprise, Red. Stop asking." There was slight irritation written on her features and her demeanor seemed off, but she wrapped her arms around my waist and buried her face against my chest so that I couldn't read her expression. "You'll see tomorrow," was her muffled reply.

"Alright."

"Red, you never told me." She looked up at me with curiosity.

"Hm?" I hummed at her in confusion.

"Why you call me Angel. You still haven't told me."

Looking into her icy blues, I paused then replied with utmost seriousness.

"You're my little piece of heaven."

Vita froze, then visibly shivered in my arms from shock. "That was so cheesy. Stop."

I laughed in amusement from her reaction.

"Tell me the truth, Red."

"You really don't remember? When we were about six years old?" I smiled at her as she shook her head.

*

I looked over at Vita as she was drawing something on the piece of paper. Vita's parents were currently away and she was staying with my parents and I for a few days. She said she was drawing an angel, but it looked more like scribble to me. Vita was currently obsessed with angels after the bedtime story my mother told us last night on how they will always protect good people.

While my mom was currently cooking us dinner, Vita and I doodled and colored at the dinner table.

Suddenly, I saw a huge spider crawling on my hard work.

I immediately froze. "S-spider."

Vita looked up in confusion and saw the huge thing walking on the dinner table. She reached over and tried to grab it and it crawled closer to me. I quickly got up from my seat and stepped away from the table in fear.

"Don't be scared, Alex. It's just a little spider." She giggled and got up to catch the spider.

She fearlessly tried catching the spider a few times until it fully disappeared from our views.

"It's gone." She walked around the table and looked under the chairs. "It's okay, Alex. It's gone."

I reluctantly pulled back my chair.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you if it comes back."

I frowned at her and sat down on my chair hesitantly.

She looked up from her drawing and grinned at me. "Don't be scared, I'll be your angel and protect you."

I smiled back. "You'll be my angel?"

"Yeah!" Vita giggled.

"Okay. But don't worry, Angel, I'll always protect you too."

"Time for dinner!" I heard my mother call and we pushed our drawings to the side so we could have room to eat on the table.

*

"Are you sure?" Vita questioned me skeptically. "I really don't remember."

"There should be a photo somewhere with you dressed up in an angel costume. Should I go look for it?"

Vita looked flustered. "I believe you. Don't look for those photos."

I smiled at her with full intentions to go look for our childhood photo albums soon. "Fine."

She narrowed her eyes at me. "I'm serious."

*

The next morning, Vita's surprise was a doctor's appointment. She told me she didn't want to go alone and I told her that I would have gone with her anyways if she asked.

It was at that appointment that I was able to hear our child's heartbeat for the first time.

I was speechless as I stared at the monitor, unable to believe what I was seeing. The reason why this came as such a shock was because I knew her reluctance and fear on having kids.

"Surprise, Red." Vita looked at me with happiness and a glint of mischievousness.

I cupped her face and leaned in close enough that our noses were almost brushing against each other. Her face blurred as tears filled my eyes when the utter shock subsided.

Her bottom lip trembled as she stared back into my eyes. "D-don't cry, Red, you're going to make me cry."

"You said you weren't ready yet," I noted to her softly.

She smiled. "I don't think I'll ever be ready by myself. But, I have you. I think we'll do okay together."

I wrapped my arms around her and nuzzled into her neck, embracing her fiercely with happiness. Vita returned my hug by tightly wrapping her arms around my torso.

I whispered just for her ears alone.

"Thank you, Angel."

She may laugh at me when I say, but she really is my little piece of heaven, my home. Though, I know I'm hers, too.

****

Hope you all enjoyed it :D

Perhaps a little too cheesy, but I couldn't help myself  :)

Till next time,

InvincibleBunny