Childhood Friend.

Being home was beautiful and warming

Being home was beautiful and warming. I had been home for a month and noticed strange things happening. My brother would be with these men who would constantly walk about the small village that has now grown since coming home. My people were fast workers and good sellers. They would travel to Kattegat and sell what needed to be sold. They were free and they were loving it. I was even loving it for them. They aren't Use to the cold but I try my best to keep them warm.

Ivar had officially separated from Kattegat with a group of men and were planning to attack, but he had made an effort to come every morning for therapy. I'm sure he likes being half naked in front of exotic women. A tinge of jealousy hits my stomach and I start making my way to the sauna and bath house.

I adjust my tunic slightly and step inside to see Ivar make a slightly pained face as they try to work on his legs. I let out a quiet sigh to myself as I look to him. Ulyssa makes her way to me. "How is he?" I ask and she sighs slightly. "He is grumpy and harsh when we try to fix his legs. But I told him to deal with it." She shrugs slightly and looks to me. "Why don't you come take a bath? Maybe he will be more... intrigued with something else." I look to her and shake my head. "That is foolish." I say to her and she lets out a soft laugh. "We will leave you two." She says and nods once, moving from the door as I make my way over to him.

He looks up at me with a small smile at first and then starts to try to pull the contraption on his legs

He looks up at me with a small smile at first and then starts to try to pull the contraption on his legs. I hold my hand up to his arm and stop him. "I can do it." I speak and he nods, leaning his head back against the chair. I take it and put it on his leg, pulling at the string to tighten it. He lets out a slight grunt and I peek up from my eyelashes to see him clenching his jaw while looking up at the ceiling. This is embarrassing for him. I pull the metal on and clasp it together, tightening it as well as the other. I stand and grab his crutch, looking to him. I take a step back and hold my hand out. "Step to me Ivar." I look to him and he furrows his brows at me. "I believe that you can." His face softens and he stands.

It's like a child going to take its first steps to you. He moves and takes another, holding his hand out to me, taking my hand and taking another. I take a step back and he follows, staggering. I quickly grip him as if is going to fall and I look at him for a moment. The drapes open and I look over my left shoulder to see a man with white hair and a tattooed face. "Kol." My face lights up and I hand Ivars crutch to him. He lets off a big smile and I run up to him before jumping up. He envelopes me in a big hug.