Chapter 2

Recap:

"No, I'm doing this alone."

After I said those words, all hell broke loose.

It was mostly Lily, Rose and Eddie.

"Why would you even consider that, Phe."

"There is no way I'm letting you do that."

"We are coming with you, no arguments."

I rolled my eyes and put my hand in the air. Fire lit at the palm of my hand at that got their attention.

"Although I love you all and I know you want to protect me but the reason I said that I was going alone was because I would be dealing with something that's even more powerful then Phoenix's. And, in case you have forgotten, Phoenix fire can kill just about anything so that means they can probably kill you in a snap of a finger." I reason with you.

"And That means they could also kill you." Lil says.

"Phoenix's can only be killed with ice, Remember. And if this creature wanted us dead she would've killed us if she had that." I tell them.

"I still don't want to let you go on a dangerous hunt to bring back this Phoenix Island on your own." Eddie says.

"I get that but there is a very high chance of you getting killed if any of you come and a very, very low chance if I just go." I explain.

They were all silent for a good amount of time.

"Are you sure you need to do this, Nix." Esme finally asks.

"Positive." I reply.

"Then we will let you." Carlisle finishes.

I let out a relived sigh.

"How long will this take." Edward asks.

"Maybe a couple weeks. Not to long." I answer. "But then again it could take longer. I don't fully know."

He groans. "Try to come back as soon as possible. I don't think I can stay away from you that long."

I giggle. "I'll try."

"So when are you leaving." Lily asks.

I look out side to see how dark it was. It was fairly dark out.

"In the morning." I answer.

"Then you should get some sleep. You have a long day ahead of you tomorrow." Alice said, grabbing my hand.

She pulls my off Edward and upstairs so she can get my pjs.

She picked out a red pyjama shirt and black plaid pyjama pants. I put my hair up in a messy bun and came out of the bathroom.

Edward was sitting on my bed, twirling a piece of fabric in his hands

I sat down beside him and he looked up at me. He pulled me into his arms and I laid against his chest.

"Are you sure you have to leave." He asks.

"Yes. I know it'll be hard for you, it's also going to be hard for me, too. But I couldn't risk you dying." I answer.

He sighs.

"You should get some sleep." He pulls the cover out for me.

"Wait." I say. He looks at me.

I capture his lips with mine. It wasn't for long but it was longer then we've kissed before.

"Now. I can go to sleep." I snuggle into the covers before closing my eyes.

Before darkness consumed me, I felt Edward wrap his arms around me through the blanket.

I whisper, "I love you, Edward."

I just get to hear him say, "I love you too, Phoenix." Before darkness consumed me and I fell asleep.

*Unknown's POV*
I feel a small pulse in my power.

Some one has risen that can take my power away.

And I know who.

She will not get that far. She will be destroyed.

"HUNTER!" I call.

My hunter comes forward and bows slightly.

"Yes, your majesty." He says.

"I need you to get rid of my enemy. Phoenix Hendrick." I say, smiling evilly.(??)

"But my queen, isn't the Phoenix you-," he starts, but I cut him off before he can utter that word.

"Silence. Yes, I am aware of what she is to me and I don't care. She needs to be destroyed before she can take my power away. Do you hear me." I say.

"Yes, my queen."

"Good. Now go."

He speed walks away and the smile comes back to my lips.

"This will be fun."

It's been a while, I'm aware. I've been so occupied with school restarting again. I'll try to post more recently.