Chapter 3

*Phoenix's POV*
The next morning I got up, Eddie was still beside me, with his arms around me.

"Good morning, Eddie." I say, squirming out of his grip a bit.

"Good morning, Nix." He says, a bit of disappointment in his voice.

I got up and got ready for the day. I wore a nice, red hoodie and jeans, wanting to be comfy today.

I brushed my teeth and put my hair in its normal.

I walked out of my bathroom, Edward still sulking on my bed. I sighed and grabbed a bag from my closet.

"Are you sure you have to go?" He asked, once again. I have a him a look that said 'really'.

"Yes, Edward. I do. It's not everyday you find out there's more then just you of your kind." I replied, "plus, I need to help this island from whatever threat it's facing."

He gave me a sad look before I pecked his lips. I grabbed my bag off the bed and started down the stairs.

I was immediately greeted with the amazing smell of Esme's pancakes. For someone who can't eat, she makes the best food.

Edward was quick to follow me down to the kitchen where we were greeted by Esme.

"Hello Nix. Good morning. I was just making pancakes if you want some." She said, flipping the final pancake on a plate.

"That would be amazing, thank you." I answer.

I sit down at the table as Esme puts the plate in front of me. I set the bag aside and got up to get some syrup and whip cream. I mean, who doesn't love whip cream, right?

Once the pancakes were perfect, I took my first bite. It was like heaven, as usual. Esme makes some of the most incredible food it makes me sad that she can't eat it.

It didn't take long for Alice to get in the kitchen and start questioning me about my departure.

"When are you going to leave?" She questioned.

"Sometime after I finish these." I gestured to the food in front of me.

"Do you have to leave so soon?" I hear Lily whine from the door. I laugh slightly at her childish personality.

"Yes, Lil. I do." I answer her, turning in my seat to face her. She made a pouty face at me.

I placed my fork down on my plate as I carried it to the sink. I laid it in there because I knew Esme would scold me for not letting them wash it. They were like that sometimes.

I grabbed my bag from its resting place before heading to get my coat. The rest of the family was in the living room, waiting for me.

Rose was the first one to come up and hug me.

She pulled away before saying, "hurry back ok?"

I answered with, "Of course. You couldn't survive without my sarcasm."

She shook her head and chuckled slightly.

Emmett was next. He gave me a huge bear hug and spun me around.

"We're going to miss you Fireball," he says, wiping a fake tear away.

Jasper and Alice gave light hugs. Didn't say much. Esme and Carlisle wished me farewell on my journey.

Lillian hugged the life out of me. Threatening to kill me if I don't come back. I said I'd consider her threat.

Edward was the last one. I gave him an extra long hug, telling him I would be fine on my own and there was nothing to worry about.

I got to the door, after saying a final goodbye to everyone, took a deep breath before opening it, and venturing out on my own.

Things only went downhill from there.

I'm sorry I haven't updated in forever. I just haven't been in the mood to write for a while so I put it on hold. I wouldn't expect fast updates. They're going to be extremely slow. I'm sorry. Comment how your liking it so far.

-TheUltimateFangirl32